We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spyros Taverna: Where is it???

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Spyros Taverna: Where is it???

Hi everyone,

I read great reviews about Spyros Taverna in Heraklio (link below). Does anyone know how to get there from Heraklio airport? I cannot find the address anywhere!

Thanks!

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g655745-d22…

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spyros Taverna: Where is it???

The link you gave also has a map attached. Assuming the position is accurate.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spyros Taverna: Where is it???

Hi there

The restaurant is in Gouves, a beach resort about 18 kms east of Iraklion. There are regular buses to Gouves from the main bus station in Iraklion.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,700 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spyros Taverna: Where is it???

Yes, it's in old Gouves. Get off the bus from Heraklion at stop number 12 and walk up the road to the right which leads inland. After about 1km you go over the new highway, and after about the same again you arrive in Pano (old) Gouves. It's right near the centre, near where the roads meet. The map on the TA review page is accurate.

As GB says, it is not in Heraklion itself - the bus journey (any Malia bus) takes about 35 minutes.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spyros Taverna: Where is it???

Thanks everyone! Wasn't sure if the TA map was accurate... We will be renting a car so I will base the journey on the map provided, and then ask the locals if I run into any problems...

5. Re: Spyros Taverna: Where is it???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 18, 2014