We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Car Rental in Crete

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best Car Rental in Crete

If you are traveling to Heraklion and need to rent a car contact Dimitris at http://autorentals-crete.gr/ or info@autorentals-crete.gr

He is extremely nice and even picked us up from the airport at 23:45pm. He took care of everything and made the experience very easy. Do not rent from the big car rental places here, they charge way too much. For 140 Euro we had a car for 5 days with insurance and taxes. Who can do better than that?

Lismore
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Best Car Rental in Crete

Hi but are you sure the other car rental is quoting for everything, its unlikely that there will be a huge difference with any of the car rentals, so its more likely that there will be costs which are perhaps not so transparent. I have been caught out like this in the past. You think you are saving but discover when you get there to sign up that there are "extra's."

I used to look at every rental car business, renting from Dimitris has definitely been the best experience. And I have spoken to other people who have rented from elsewhere they don't appear to have got such a good all round service.

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,558 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Best Car Rental in Crete

Totally agree Frances, renting from Dimitis is like doing business with one of the family, always great price & cars and nothing to much trouble even if your plan is coming in 5 hours late he will be there for you.

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Best Car Rental in Crete

Recently contacted him about renting and after exchanging a few emails working out details etc. I expressed some reservations about driving some distance at night after a flight arriving in the middle of Easter.

Now we are invited to stay at Dimitris house the first night and head off in the morning. Such kindness is the spirit of Easter and customer care...

Washington DC...
1 post
Save Reply
34. Re: Best Car Rental in Crete

Absolutely recommend Dimitris/AutoRentals Crete. Just completed a 4 day rental, car and service were excellent. No drama pick-up and drop off. Dimitris met us at the port at 6 am and showed us to a great place for breakfast. We dropped the car off at the parking lot at the airport before our 6:50 am flight. Great experience!

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Best Car Rental in Crete

Everybody seems to be recommending Dimitris but his prices seem to be expensive when compared to Economy Car hire am I missing something ?

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,558 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Best Car Rental in Crete

I think you might be.

When it comes to what you are quoted, and what you actually get for the price, and what 'Extra's' you may be asked to pay, and what you may have to pay if you cause any form of damage to the car can make a big difference from one company to another. Some are more honest than others and some can be trusted more than others

The Detail is in the fine print.

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Best Car Rental in Crete

Bur Economy car hire has no excess, second driver free of charge and a fair fuel policy Dimitris charges for 2nd driver , what is his fuel policy ?

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,558 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Best Car Rental in Crete

I have done business with Dimitris for many many years and his policy on fuel has always been 'Bring it back with the same amount that was in it when you took it away. Sometimes it has been possibly slightly less, sometimes maybe slightly more but we have never quibbled over a few Lts. Same with adding drivers.

Doing business with Dimitris is like doing business with a member of the family, we trust each other. I know that he is even putting a client up in his own home for the night this year because Dimitris was worried he would be to tired to drive after a long flight. Give me the name of a company that gives this type of service and I will use them.

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
Save Reply
39. Re: Best Car Rental in Crete

Just check you are looking at the right site http://autorentals-crete.gr/ There are others similar and easy to get the wrong one.

In my investigations, Dimitris gave prices at least as good as anyone, and usually better, and then you get the reputation and friendly service too......

The site mentions Eu 20 day and free second driver...

Edited: 7:00 pm, April 17, 2013
Llanfairpwllgwyngyll...
Level Contributor
736 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Best Car Rental in Crete

I do not understand. Economy car hire is charging 36 Euros more than Dimitris for the same period.

How is this cheaper?

Autorentals Crete also offers second driver free too. We shop around all the car hire places each year and for new cars he cannot be bettered. May save a few Euros by using another car hire that offers previously loved cars :-).

Use whoever you are happy with, it is not a contest.

J. Voloudakis.