We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel in Crete

Beechworth...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travel in Crete

Hello everyone, Just a few questions. My friend and I are travelling to Crete in Sept. this year, staying in a little village called Fodele, near Heraklion. Firstly, does anyone know anything about this town, and would you suggest we hire a car for a day trip to Chania, or take a bus? Is a day trip achievable? What is the driving like on Crete? Any other snippets of information would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Ruth.

Beechworth...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Travel in Crete

Once again, thankyou all for your helpful comments. It is comforting knowing there are seasoned travellers out there that can reassure others who have never been to these destinations that we will not be disappointed when we arrive. Plus, it is exciting just reading all you have to say. I am sure i will have more questions in the future.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,685 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Travel in Crete

I'm sure you'll have a great time, Ruthie.

(And my apologies for calling you Magpie. I got my posters mixed up.)

23. Re: Travel in Crete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, February 26, 2013