We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire at Heraklion Airport Crete

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire at Heraklion Airport Crete

We are travelling to Rethymnon this summer and have narrowed car hire down to two companies Anna Cars and Autoway Car Rental. Autoway are based in Rethymnon which could be an advantage. I can find plenty of recent reviews of Anna Cars, all of which seem good. Autoway reviews are rare, I've found an old one on Tripadvisor. Does anyone have recent experience with either of these two companies?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,700 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Car Hire at Heraklion Airport Crete

They are probably closed for winter.

Eastbourne
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Car Hire at Heraklion Airport Crete

Ok will leave it for a month or two. With the state of the Greek economy,would

have thought there would be a message to that effect.I'm sure i have booked in January previously....

Wales
Level Contributor
159 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Car Hire at Heraklion Airport Crete

Try Europeo Cars I have used them many times good service and pick up drop off at airport not newest cars but adequate and book online and you don't pay until you meet them at airport.

Eastbourne
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Car Hire at Heraklion Airport Crete

Thanks for info but have now heard from Autoway.Have used them for many years,they deliver to resort or airport. I like the personal service that Janis provides so i will remain loyal.

Athens, Greece
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Car Hire at Heraklion Airport Crete

You could also try The Best; www.thebestcars.gr. I've used it many times in the past and never had problems with them. Friendly people, excellent cars and prices as well.

I'll book again for July.

16. Re: Car Hire at Heraklion Airport Crete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, February 27, 2013