We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with transport from Airport to Malia

London
2 posts
Save Topic
Help with transport from Airport to Malia

Hi

I am going to Malia in September 11 just booked a ticket and realised that the flight will land at Heraklion at 22.55 pm on Friday night. I have a feeling it would be almost impossible to get a cheap public transport and might have to resort to expensive taxi fare. ... does anyone know of any late night travel options other than taxi to Malia ?..

Mentioned in this post
Malia
Malia
Crete, Greece
Heraklion
Heraklion
Crete, Greece
Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with transport from Airport to Malia

yes public busses are not available any more, than taxis is option, but you may consider a car and than keep it some days and deliver it at a local station or at the airport again

London, United...
Level Contributor
19,610 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with transport from Airport to Malia

Or stay in Heraklion and take the bus to Malia in the morning.

Mentioned in this post
Heraklion
Heraklion
Crete, Greece
Malia
Malia
Crete, Greece
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,489 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with transport from Airport to Malia

Hi there

Have you looked at resort hopper ; transfer4u.com; holiday taxis; A2B transfer, type companies, I havent used this type of company myself, but if you search on the forums there is lots of information about them, and a huge saving on taxi prices

northumbria
Level Contributor
194 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with transport from Airport to Malia

i can second MG's reply, we used resorthoppa in june, booked the speedy shuttle for £18 each way,(that was just a bit further than Malia, we went to sissi, so yours might be even cheaper) ended up just us in a mercedes taxi, you are guaranteed just two stops anyway, you can book online before you go xx karen

Edited: 1:51 pm, July 12, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Malia
Malia
Crete, Greece
London
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with transport from Airport to Malia

Thanks a lot everyone :).

I will look at resorthoppa and others mentioned By MG or if worse come to worse will have to get a taxi as i have to join my friends in Malia on Friday night :).

Once again thanks all

Shan

Mentioned in this post
Malia
Malia
Crete, Greece
6. Re: Help with transport from Airport to Malia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, October 05, 2012