We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crete Car Hire Companies.

Which Heraklion hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dalton-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
549 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Crete Car Hire Companies.

Looking at hiring a car in June from Heraklion Airport. Have found some excellent online prices from these companies:

mustang

athenscars

europeocars

eurocar

autotravel

rentacarcrete

Hyundai Athos around 119 euros for a week with good insurance. Anyone have any dealings with any of these local companies?

Thanks.

302 replies to this topic
Milatos
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
91. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

ha.ha... came up on my feed as being posted yesterday... lol... mind you there are lots still offering this and I went on one of their sites and lo and behold ALL their cars were booked out at this price and they could only offer higher prices... had to laugh...The offer never existed methinks. :P

92. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, March 11, 2013

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
11,059 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
93. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

Not sure about other regular visitors but we have found that the price of car hire has actually done down over the last few years :-)

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,597 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
94. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

We've booked with a company somebody has used/recommended on the forum. I was pleased with the price and there was no deposit, full insurance, a final full quoted price and payment on collection. I'll let you know how we get on when we get back :-)

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
95. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

Hi,

We've used Eurocars before and had no problems with them. As you say, good insurance cover and prices.

In airports where I know the set-up, I sometimes wait till I arrive and then play off the car hire firms against one another to get the best price. When I'm arriving late at night or am unsure of the whereabouts of my hotel or in the busy season I like to know the car is waiting for me. Have a good holiday! Alex

London, England...
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
96. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

Hi,

We have traveled many times in Crete and tried a few local car rental services there.

I think the best so far was Art carRentals, no extra charges at all and very friendly local people. No tricks. They are in both in Chania & Heraklion airports and ports with economy prices.

I am going in July again to the island and i booked my car again from them taking an extra discount too.

Enjoy your vacation in the sunny island!

Brin

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
97. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

Thanks Brin.

I'm with Eurocar now but I'll remember your advice for next time.

Alex

London, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
98. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

I'm looking for a local car hire for 6 of us for a week; the cheapest I found is £250 and a £500 deposit.

Suggestions please? We arrive Heraklion next week and will appreciate your suggestions for a good reasonable local rental. Thanks so much.

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,211 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
99. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

Autorentals crete is generally the best option with no deposit. Contact Dimitris at www.autorentals-crete.com

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
11,059 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
100. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

hi again

Never paid a deposit just cash when we arrive, if you budget for around 20/25 euros per day that should be about the right rate, we have used club cars a local company or a few years now and are very pleased with the service we have received

http://www.clubcars.net/

Reply to: Crete Car Hire Companies.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted