We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crete Car Hire Companies.

Dalton-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
549 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Crete Car Hire Companies.

Looking at hiring a car in June from Heraklion Airport. Have found some excellent online prices from these companies:

mustang

athenscars

europeocars

eurocar

autotravel

rentacarcrete

Hyundai Athos around 119 euros for a week with good insurance. Anyone have any dealings with any of these local companies?

Thanks.

334 replies to this topic
Kalamata, Greece
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
101. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

I'm sure you won't get one for 6 people for E25 - E30 Euros a day. Are all 6 of you adults? Child seats may also be extra. You could be looking at anything from E260 to E330 or E37 to E47 a day with either of those mentioned recently or http://www.miketours.gr but a lot may have special offers on if you book over the internet or telephone. You never know.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your holiday in Crete. Where are you staying?

Edited: 6:26 pm, April 28, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
102. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

Thank you so much! It's our first time in Greece and we're staying at the Village Heights in Hersonissos. All adults.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Hersonissos
Hersonissos
Crete, Greece
Kalamata, Greece
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
103. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

I hope you have a wonderful time. I know Village Heights is quite a way from the centre of Hersonissos, so a car will be invaluable for getting around and exploring the island. Yes, you will need quite a big car, one with 7 or 9 seats. If you're arriving on or around the 5th, then you will arrive in time for Paska (Greek Easter) so get your booking in soon and watch the roads as they will be quite busy with families travelling as well. But enjoy your time there. I love Crete.

Mentioned in this post
Hersonissos
Hersonissos
Crete, Greece
Crete
Crete
Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
104. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

We're looking forward to it. we arrive on the 7th. I thot G Easter was this week. Thank you so much! We have just the regular UK licence and I wonder if we can use that for something more than a 5 seater. One of us doesn't want to go out much so we wondered if it was against the law to have 4 people seat in the back once in a while.

Evian-les-Bains...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
105. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

I just booked with Royal Rental Crete and I have to say that I am very impressed with both the options for pick up and drop off (we are picking up at the Port and dropping off at the Airport), and the price which is significantly lower than Europcar and with a better class car.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,466 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
106. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

Hi again

Unfortunately as you arrive on the 7th you will miss Easter in Crete - as Easter Sunday is the 5th May this year :-( Anyway hope you have a great time and enjoy your holiday to Crete

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
107. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

Thanks!

I just hope we find a good car rental soon!

London, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
108. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

Aww! I would've loved to witness G Easter.

Thanks again for all your help!

Regarding car rentals, there's 6 of us but one of us won't go out much as she'll rather lie by the pool in the resort. Most of the car rentals I've seen are for a 4 or 5 seater and then 7 seaters and up but they're minivans etc. We'll rather not drive a mini van. Is there a likelihood we'll be stopped if they're 4 people seating at the back instead of 3?

London, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
109. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

Thanks. We're 6 adults and would rather have a car and not a mini van.

What do you think?

Cullen
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
110. Re: Crete Car Hire Companies.

For many years I have used http://www.miketours.gr/

Reply to: Crete Car Hire Companies.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted