We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartment suggestion near Heraklion

BETHEL, Connecticut
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
apartment suggestion near Heraklion

I think I've narrowed down to 2 options for apartments for a week in September near Heraklion and would love some input. This will be a trip with my sister so we need either a big one bedroom (one of us sleeping on the couch most likely) or a two bedroom. We will not be spending lots of time in the apartment or resort as we want to drive every day to see the island. I'm thinking Marni Village in Koutouloufari or Villa Melenia in Agia Pelagia. Marni Village got lots of good TA reviews, but nothing about Villa Melenia. Anyone stay at either of these places? Or, other suggestions in the 450Euro ballpark for a week?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apartment suggestion near Heraklion

Hi there

I've stayed in Koutouloufari and have to say that it's a charming village. It sits on the hillside overlooking the resort of Hersonissos but is sufficiently away from all the nightlife there. There are some great restaurants in the village as indeed there are in the neigbouring villages of Piskopiano and Old Hersonissos, both of which can easily be walked to.

It's a steep 10-15 min downhill walk to Hersonissos but the best beach in the area is found at Anissaras, 3 kms to the west, any taxi driver will know where Anissaras is. There are bus stops all along Hersonissos' main drag in either direction making it very easy and inexpensive to get around.

2. Re: apartment suggestion near Heraklion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:29 am, January 26, 2011