We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rena apartments gouves crete/ hire car.

BRISTOL
1 post
Save Topic
Rena apartments gouves crete/ hire car.

I have read mixed reviews about these apartments but they are scarse. Has anyone been to these apartments this year (2008). I am concerned about what seems to be a lottery with alocation of rooms with air con! Much needed in August!!!!

We want to hire a car whilst in Crete. I have looked on internet and found rental for 2 weeks at £240-£300.00 for a vvery basic car. Will we be better off hiring a car when we arrive.

Please someone tell me that Rena apartments has had air con fitted in every room!!!!!!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rena apartments gouves crete/ hire car.

Hi there

I did a quick Google search and looked at three websites, all of which said the place had aircon. It probably wouldn't be included in the price so bank on paying 40-50 euros a week to hire the aircon.

Regarding car rental, I'd be inclined to leave it till you arrive in Gouves - there are loads of rental places, all in competition, and you can shop around for the best deal. Would you want the car for the entire fortnight? We tend to hire a car for three/four days in each week, and leave the rest of the time to veg out but of course, that's your call.

If you rented for four days, you should be able to pick a small car up for 25-30 euros a day but in August, you will need aircon for sure or risk frying.

Yeadon
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rena apartments gouves crete/ hire car.

We are going to the rena apartments the first week in july for 1 week. I will let you know about the aircon.Regarding car hire i would wait until you are in the resort. There are always plenty of places to hire cars. i have hired cars in crete before & never had any trouble.i will be hiring one for a few day's while in gouves so will report some prices back for you.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rena apartments gouves crete/ hire car.

I'd also be interested in local car hire deals as we are also booked up for the Rena Apartments in September 2008.

Also does anyone know if there's any staff around for night arrivals ? We're due around midnight.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rena apartments gouves crete/ hire car.

Just back from our holiday and pleased to report we had no problems with room allocation despite our late arrival.

For the price we paid (about £130 for 2 for 11 days) the Rena is a very nice little place to stay. The rooms are basic but clean and we had all we needed. The hot water appears to be solar powered as for 5 days we had no sunshine and the water was cold, but thats not something that happens very often ! and it's quite noisy from the hotel bar next door until about 1.30 in the morning. That said the pool is great and the appartments are very nice looking with all the flowers, the staff are friendly and helpful and if you dont mind a 20 minute walk there's some good beaches within reach.

Also, if you like something a bit more "Greek" the old Gouves village is well worth a visit. There's a couple of more authentic Greek restaurants there, the Avli and the other one which has the picture of a red Indian in it (long story)- both these are brilliant.

If you can affort it - it's worth hiring a car or bike, even if it's just to get to Kato Gouves shops and beaches and back easier. Our's was a Suzuki Jeep from Axios cost us 220 Euros for a week arranged on the internet before we got here. There's lots of places to arrange while you're there and they may be cheaper. Would be worth having the added complete insurance though as we were glad we did. One of our wing mirrors got ripped off overnight.

In all would definately recommend the Rene Appartments as good value accommodation.

Mike and Andrea

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rena apartments gouves crete/ hire car.

Hi there

Glad that you had a good time in Gouves. The vast majority of apartments rely upon solar heating for the water so it would be cool if there'd been cloud all day.

6. Re: Rena apartments gouves crete/ hire car.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, September 28, 2009