We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos

N Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
Bus from Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos

Planning a trip to Agios Nikolaos in August - flight arrives around 01.00am - should we stay in Heralion for a night or will it be possible to get a bus/taxi to Agios Nikolaos that late at night?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos

Hi there

There won't be any buses that late at night I'm afraid so you'll either have to take a cab (there are always cabs to meet incoming flights, regardless of the time) or consider hiring a car as there are lots of desks at the airport.

If you do go for the cab, there's a chart on the wall of the arrivals hall that details the agreed cab fares to all points on the island. I'd imagine the fare to Agios Nikolaos would be in the region of 45-50 euros but check the chart and agree the price with the driver before setting off.

letterkenny, co...
Level Contributor
266 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos

hey crete_aug07. (hmmm. where did you get that name!). anyway, i reckon the taxi might be a wee bit more than 50 at this stage. maybe not. anyway, if you want i will post the number of the taxi guy we have been using on our trips there for years. he is a great guy with a really cool merc. and he does not rip you off. he will take bookings in advance to meet you at the airport and then whisk you to agios nicolaos. and btw, there is a great restaurant there with the most fabulous views over the whole town and the water. i will look up the name for you. you MUST take your camera when you go there coz you will never see a view like it again.

catherine

www.welovedonegal.com

(and i love crete!)

Southerner in Europe
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos

Hi

The official rate for 2007 is 50 Euros, for the airport to Agios Nikolaos.

Have a look at the info on Sitia at this website as it has good things for sightseeing along the way from there to Sitia - it is www.cretetravel.com then see special places in Crete and click upon sitia.

There is a great restaurnat above the lake at Agios Nilolaos with a wonderful view and next door a cafe with the same view, just walk up the hill from the lake level and you will find it there

4. Re: Bus from Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 31, 2009