We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise Apartments Elounda

eastbourne
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Sunrise Apartments Elounda

Hi - can anyone tell me, are these apartments close to the town/harbourfront?

Also, whilst I can see from the photos they are right on the seafront, it is not a beach. Is there a nice sandy beach where we can swim nearby, walkable in say 5 minutes.

Thanks.

Whitley, United...
Level Contributor
2,297 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunrise Apartments Elounda

Yes they are very close.

Turn left and walk about 5 mins and you are at the start of the town and harbor, through the town about 10 mins further and you are at the main sandy beach.

If you turn right and walk 5 mins you are at a small shingle/sand beach with sunbeds, parasols and shower.

We used this everyday, the water is so much calmer there, its quiet and you can walk back to the sunrise for drinks and snacks etc.

If you have a look at their web site below they have a web cam , turn it right and you can see the small beack behind the trees.

http://www.eloundasunrise.com/

eastbourne
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunrise Apartments Elounda

Thanks so much for that, it puts my mind at rest. I'm organising for a group holiday, and in the 11th hour a sandy beach has become a necessity!

Cheers

west sussex
Level Contributor
125 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunrise Apartments Elounda

The shingle beach (not much sand) is OK if you want to swim and not paddle. Sunrise is fine if you do not get the dark cell like rooms.

Barrow in Furness
Level Contributor
496 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunrise Apartments Elounda

Hi ho!

I'd advise a pair of those beach shoes. they have re-sanded it, but not right to the shoreline as it would just wash away!!

I've been swimming there, and it wasn't a real problem, just a bit awkward coming back out :)

But I'm a wuss anyway!

Eklektos

5. Re: Sunrise Apartments Elounda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 09, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Elounda