We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearly time!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Nearly time!

So excited to be coming to Elounda in 3 weeks! Where is the best place to watch the sun go down with a cold beer and some olives?? X

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearly time!

Go to Plaka,and sit at one of the harbourside restaurants looking out at Spinalonga as the sun goes down, dont get much better than that??

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearly time!

any of the waterside tavernas would be ideal and there are so many to choose from or even sitting on a bench, overlooking the lovely harbour, watching the world passing by......3 weeks for us too, can't wait to return

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearly time!

Thanks guys!

It all sounds perfect how long a walk to Plaka Dozydai?

Where will you be staying Debs? We are so looking forward to being there, we love Greece, but have never been to Crete!

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,369 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearly time!

Hi there

Its not the distance of the walk into Plaka Annabel its the heat and the fact that there isn't a foot path much of the way - but walking distance from Elounda it will take you around 30/40 mins - driving around 5/10 mins

Plaka is a beautiful place - I was sitting in one of the restaurants last week watching the light fading over Spinalonga :-)

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearly time!

taverna gorgona,outside tables,looking down over the harbour and the bobbing up and down boats, and looking out at Spinalonga, I have been to lots of places around the World, and after Wales(of course),this don't come much better?????

Barrow in Furness
Level Contributor
490 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nearly time!

Hey Guys - nobody mentioned The Hope at Mavrikiano! Fabulous view out across the bay and beyond across Mirabella towards the mountains...good food local wine and the gradual change of the mountains from rose red, to deep purple, to black and the lights of the villages starting to twinkle...

Poetic moment over - back to work :)

Eklektos

halifax
Level Contributor
881 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nearly time!

Sit outside the Poulis or snack bar with your feet in the water looking across to Spinalonga Poppy and Haris will look after you with fine food and wine and the view is to die for.

Enjoy cant wait for next year to go back.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nearly time!

Thanks everyone it all sounds idyllic !

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nearly time!

Hope you have a wonderful time. We go on 27th August and we cannot wait. Been looking on here for updates on our hotel and they all are fanastic reviews. We're staying at the Akti Olous. So excited as it's our first visit to Elounda. :-)

manchester
Level Contributor
134 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nearly time!

hello again..lynneth.. yes the hope...bliss..back in manchester now sorry could not come and see you before we left elounda.i am the a fan of your bookshpop and also the cards which you sell, stocked up on a few but only wish i had more time to see your stock. also as i am an a beryl darby reader maybe you will remember me?anyway sincere best wishes for you bookshop in elounda.hope you dont read this the wrong way its not bliss to be back home rather the HOPE is sheer bliss .have to add amougst others.regards and thankyou.no time for that cuppa .however thanks ann

Get answers to your questions about Elounda