We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Hoppa

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Resort Hoppa

I am going to Elounda in a few weeks time, and regarding transfer's from the airport to the hotel, I have been through all the emotions of hiring a car,using the holiday companys coach transfers(kicked this one out), taxi(the cost in prohibitive),but I like the look of the resort hoppa, used this in another part of the world and it was ok. My question is,is there anyone who has used this form of transfer in recent tmes,and was it okay??

Manchester
Level Contributor
685 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Hoppa

there was at least one thread on this very subject quite recently - do a search as i'm sure the reaction was mixed.

One person I know had a good airport to Elounda journey but a shocker of a return.

DA

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort Hoppa

Hello dozydai, this is Kostas from Chania, Crete,

Glad to hear that you are coming at Crete for your holidays. I haven't used myself Resort hoppa's or any other company's services so i could speak about them by own experience. What i know though, as a local and in the transfer profession, is that most probably (almost with 100% certainty) the transfers that someone buys from any international transfer booking company is done by local coach or taxi providers. Since you said that you "kicked the holidays company's coach transfers out" for your own reasons, all i say is that before you book anything, make clear how the transfer is going to be conducted. Cause i presume that it if you go for a shuttle bus transfer, most probably you'll find yourself in a coach, doing all the en route stops till you reach your hotel. So, my advice is that you clarify the type of transfer you are about to book.

By the way, if you don't mind, can you please tell me the taxi price fare you have been asked for? ...and from which airport of the 2 that are in Crete: Heraklion's or Chania's airport?

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort Hoppa

Taxi fare quoted is £155 return, also the hoppa has three differing scales, one looks like the coach,one is what looks like a mini bus and it states a maximum of 4 drop offs, and one is private transfer, we are landing in Heraklion airport

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort Hoppa

The taxi fare for which i can speak of, is quite close to reality. The actual fare is about 160€, which is about 135£. And believe me the 20£ more that have been asked, seems anymore to me a "fair" agency commission surcharged to the customer, in comparison with what i have seen happening. Although that the taxi that will do the transfer would get paid less than the 135£ of the fare, as a commision is held by the agency from the taxi's actual payment.

Is the rental car really out of the question? Cause it might turned out to be the better value for money option, especially if you intend to go around while your stay in Elounda.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort Hoppa

why have you discarded the tour companys coach transfer?

When we arrive at the airport we ask the rep, responsible for our coach, where they are scheduled to stop. If the answer is just Elounda, no problem, if they are dropping off in many places en route, we would use a taxi, although this has not happened in 20+ years, however I have known it happen to other travellers

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort Hoppa

Hi,

in my experience,it is a lottery whether you get to your hotel in a reasonable time,or you are last off the coach, and I dont want to take the chance, I had thought of the car hire,but as the car will be sitting outside the hotel for half the week as we want to chill out,discounted it, Taxi to me 155 or whatever, is a lot of money that I think to me is a waste,so the hoppa looks good wirh a maximum of 4 stops and I think it was about £22 each return.Was just looking for anyone who had used it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort Hoppa

If you're landing, and going to your hotel, in daylight, then a coach transfer will take you through some beautiful scenery. I love the transfer from Iraklion to Rethymnon, though I admit the drop-offs can be tiresome.

However, it may be that it's in the dark, or you've done it many times already, and I admit it's not so pleasant then.

I've used ResortHoppa in Spain, from Barcelona to Blanes, and it was interesting seeing the other resorts on the way. I wasn't too happy on the outward journey, because we had to wait nearly an hour for the coach. The

"director" didn't tell us when the coach arrived, despite about 20 of us sitting a few feet from her, and then the driver wouldn't let anyone on the coach till all the luggage was loaded.

However, on the return the coach turned up at the exact time we were told it would.

Edited: 4:58 pm, May 02, 2013
swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort Hoppa

Hi,

We have used resorthoppa on many occassions now,in Crete and elsewhere.The price is very reasonable to say the least,but the downside is the possibility of numerous drop-offs en-route,it has seemed in the past that sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't.

But weighing up the cost of resorthoppa or similar vs taxi,i will use resorthoppa every time and sit tight and take in the views en-route and used the money saved to better purpose.

Obviously if money is not a concern then taxi is favourite.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resort Hoppa

scaffolder, I feel the same, and with the resort hoppa,they seem to have 2 ways,one in the coach,and one in a mini bus with a maximum of 4 stops it says,so i may go for this one, I can manage 4 stops during the day(I hope so anyway?), the down side may be the wait in the airport.

London, United...
Level Contributor
261 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resort Hoppa

We've used Resort Hoppa once before in Crete (standard shared bus) - great on way there - shared taxi with one other couple with one other drop off, but not so great on the way back - coach turned up over an hour later than we were told and trip to airport took about 2.5 hours from Elounda.

BUT I used the speedy shuttle (max four stops) in Barcelona recently and it was very good indeed, so we're going for that option again in Elounda next time we go.

Get answers to your questions about Elounda