We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Temperature May

Exmouth, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Sea Temperature May

Hi

May be a very naive question but ....... is the sea temp last 2 weeks of May warm enough for comfortable swimming? Also is the sea in Elounda area fairly calm? Thank you in anticipation.

T Bird

CO.DOWN
Level Contributor
560 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Temperature May

My wife and i were there last May 15th for one week,swam in the sea most days. Swimming pool was much colder. The sea is, sorry was pretty calm with just a small swell on a couple of days. There are two beaches the town beach and another smaller one near the causeway. Do not worry yourselves about the sea or sea temps;. You will love Elounda and every thing about the place. It was our first time there and we are now totally in love with the town,the people,and the food.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Temperature May

Hi there

I guess it depends what you are used to. It'll be warmer than the sea temps anywhere around the Uk coast for sure, but it gradually warms up, with September being the warmest time for the water. I've swum in Crete as early as mid April and although it's a bit frisky, it's fine once you've been in for a couple of minutes.

Exmouth, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Temperature May

Thanks HONDA & GB - it looks like coming to Elounda was a good idea!

T Bird x

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Temperature May

Definately :-) have a wonderful holiday

5. Re: Sea Temperature May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Elounda