We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elounda Peninsula ranked #33?

Northampton, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Elounda Peninsula ranked #33?

Hi there,

Does anyone know why the hotel Elounda Peninsula has moved to #33? I was checking hotels in Elounda 2 days ago and it was #1 and last night when I visited to show it to my wife it was down to #33 even though the reviews are very nice. Does this mean the reviews are not real? Does anyone know what exactly this means? Has anyone stayed there this season?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elounda Peninsula ranked #33?

This must be a mistake. The reviews are very good, and there are a lot of them. I will report it to TA.

UPDATE

I have contacted TA

Edited: 7:45 am, September 28, 2012
Northampton, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Elounda Peninsula ranked #33?

Thank you very much for this Steve, please let me know once TA replies. I'm getting a little worried. I read some posts on blogs and it looks like a lot of hotels try to boost their rankings by hiring agencies to post fake reviews for them. It's funny how some people are making money these days.

3. Re: Elounda Peninsula ranked #33?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, September 28, 2012
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elounda Peninsula ranked #33?

If you report something to TA you don't usually get a reply other than the acknowledgment. Anyway, if I hear anything I'll let you know.

5. Re: Elounda Peninsula ranked #33?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Elounda