We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK to Elounda by car!!

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bedale, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
UK to Elounda by car!!

Has anyone done this trip? We would dearly love to go and are in the planning stages. Any suggestions welcome?

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UK to Elounda by car!!

Hi there

This is something that we have thought of doing many times, the last time we looked at the possibility of taking a van full of furniture to Crete it was going to take around 4 -5 days. Why dont you have a look at this forum...I am sure that there was a posting on here about it sometime ago

http://www.britsincrete.net/

Bedale, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: UK to Elounda by car!!

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll take a look now.

Bedale, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: UK to Elounda by car!!

Thanks for that link. Makes interesting reading. Now going to work ouut prices of going with a caravan or just using hotels etc.

CO.DOWN
Level Contributor
543 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UK to Elounda by car!!

Love to know all about this trip you are planing if it comes to pass. Maybe some sort of tripadvisor or web diary. Sort of day one day two type of thing,all the ups and downs of your journey.

Bedale, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: UK to Elounda by car!!

Hi Honda. Well we are definitely going. Exactly how and via etc is yet to be decided but I will keep a diary and update it as we go providing we can get onto t'internet!!

It all really kicked off today with a trip to look at caravans!! Now going to try and cost it out. Will start a separate thread when I get time and that way we'll give a blow by blow account of how we're getting on. Hopefully others may want to either do the same or offer practical advice etc.

We'll see!!

Elounda, Greece
Level Contributor
184 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: UK to Elounda by car!!

Would suggest you look at a motorhome rather than a caravan - much easier for camping en route and also when you get to Elounda. It is much easier to "park" than it is to "camp". We have done this several times - let me know if you want more info.

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: UK to Elounda by car!!

Hi Paisley

Yes like Honda I would definately be interested to hear how it goes...its our dream to take a couple of weeks and drive down to Crete....another "thought" would be to purchase a motor home once you get to France, and then sell it on your return trip...how exciting :-) good luck with the planning :-)

8. Re: UK to Elounda by car!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, August 29, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Elounda