We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heraklion airport car hire

northumberland
Level Contributor
91 posts
19 reviews
heraklion airport car hire

I have posted a question about car hire previously but I also want to know about the size of the airport. Are all the hire places on site and does it take long to get to them to collect your car. I'm not a very good traveller so didn't want to sit on a bus for 2 hours after a 4 hour flight so that's why we are looking at car hire.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
12,288 posts
229 reviews
1. Re: heraklion airport car hire

Hi there

dont worry the hire cars are all located just across the road from the arrivals hall, all you have to do is cross the airport road and then you will see all the different car hire companies...so no buses involved. :-)

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: heraklion airport car hire

I rented a car from The Best Cars before I arrived and was met by a rep from the company with my name on a sign and taken directly to the car. I didn't have to worry about finding a company or worrying about the rate. After 18 hours of travel to get to Heraklion I couldn't have figured it out. I barely remember the airport I was so tired. Best of luck.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: heraklion airport car hire

I rented a car from The Best Cars before I arrived and was met by a rep from the company with my name on a sign and taken directly to the car. I didn't have to worry about finding a company or worrying about the rate. After 18 hours of travel to get to Heraklion I couldn't have figured it out. I barely remember the airport I was so tired. Best of luck.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
12,288 posts
229 reviews
4. Re: heraklion airport car hire

Hi again

Majority of the car hire companies will met you at the arrivals hall as crossforcrash explains above, and then its just a short walk across the road to collect the car :-)

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
78 reviews
5. Re: heraklion airport car hire

https://www.facebook.com/okay.rentacar here you may book a car, they are exactly halfway Heraklion and Elounda

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
113 reviews
6. Re: heraklion airport car hire

We always use car hire through George Aretakis of Plora Travel in Agios. He has an excellent fleet and has bought in a load of new cars this year, we had a Peugeot 308 this time and it was perfect.

7. Re: heraklion airport car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Elounda