We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire from airport

northumberland
Level Contributor
91 posts
19 reviews
car hire from airport

We have been looking at a quicker way to get to Elounda Okti Olous hotel than going on the tour bus. We were going to hire a car for a few days whilst in the resort so looking at prices we think we might as well hire a car from the airport for the week. Can anybody tell me of any of the hire places right on the airport site?

We don't want to spend ages looking for the car. How long will it take us to get to Elounda and is it easy to get there? If we do get a car where else could we visit other than Knossos Palace as we like historical sites ?

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
12,299 posts
229 reviews
1. Re: car hire from airport

Hi there

Any of the local car hire companies based in Agios and Elounda would be happy to met you at the airport, in fact all of them have facilities at the airport.

My recommendation would be to go with one of the local car hire companies rather than one of the international car hire companies. Cost wise you are looking at around 24 - 25 euros per day for a basic A class car with air con.

We have used many different car hire companies over the years, but for the last couple of years we have used club cars, who have offices at the airport and also in the town of Agios (10 mins drive from Elounda)and found them to be reliable, good cars and friendly too... here is a link to their website

http://www.clubcars.net/

Time wise it will take around an hour from the airport to ELounda, and thats taking the drive at an "easy" holiday pace :-). Its an easy drive from Elounda to the Palace of Knossos, and again its around an hour one way, as the palace is located just off the national road the other side of the airport.

If you do decide to hire a car and would like some ideas where to visit in the area then please do just ask :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
493 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: car hire from airport

I have used Anna Cars for the past 4 years no problems, they do like to be paid cash which in my eyes is a bonus.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: car hire from airport

I agree with the comment about Anna Cars.

The car we hired in June was in perfect condition and with only 18,000 kilometers on the clock. There were no extra charges for insurance or a second driver.

If you pay cash, you do not have to provide credit card details, so there is no risk of money being taken after you return the car.

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
78 reviews
4. Re: car hire from airport

http://www.gorentacar.gr/ try this new company, experienced in their work, opening their own rental service around Crete

5. Re: car hire from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Elounda