We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small Planet delays from Gatwick?

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
portsmouth
Level Contributor
13 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Small Planet delays from Gatwick?

Hi everyone, we are flying out next Friday , booked through Olympic Holidays, they are using Small Planet Airlines and I've heard a few stories of bad delays - has anyone got experience of this?

There's nothing we can do about it, I know, but as we've only got a week I'm worried we might lose precious time stuck in airports! As our flight is later in the day, I'm wondering where it flies before us, as this will obviously have a knock on effect on us if that get delayed.

Thanks- all information gratefully received!

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Small Planet delays from Gatwick?

You can tell how tiny (Mickey Mouse) they are when they respond to individual TA posts!

They are based in Lithuania and all I can say is that my beloved Heart of Midlothian was taken over by a Lithuanian businessman several years ago and "p**s up in brewery" is what springs to mind!!

I personally have given up on dealing with Olympic Holidays now and prefer to book direct with the accommodation providers and reputable airlines.

Delays can at times be unavoidable but some airlines have appalling track records.

Good luck!!

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
10,885 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Small Planet delays from Gatwick?

I see they are going on all the forums adding their blurb to the threads of complains but I won't be using them again

Morden, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Small Planet delays from Gatwick?

Has anyone received compensation for the flight delays 26th May (12 hour delay) and the return flight on 2nd June (21 hours) this year from SMALL PLANET? I have sent many emails/letters, with no reply so my last email stated I was passing case to the CAA, which I did on Monday. Strangely, I got an email from Small Planet today, apologising for delay but stating there would be no compensation as the delays were due to 'Extraordinary Circumstances', which is complete tosh. I thanked them for their email and told them the matter had now been passed on to CAA.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
10,885 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Small Planet delays from Gatwick?

if you go to the Cephalonia TA forum you will see a thread 'small planet airlines' telling you want you need to do Micyficy, post 394 onwards (page 40 0f 62)

Morden, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Small Planet delays from Gatwick?

Many thanks

16. Re: Small Planet delays from Gatwick?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Elounda