We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're back from gorgeous Elounda

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
We're back from gorgeous Elounda

Hey guys,

Just want to say a huge thank you to all of you on this forum who helped me with our queries before we had our first visit to Elounda. We had a lovely holiday, Elounda is a charming relaxing place and the restaurants were top notch. We have come home very refreshed from our holiday for once lol!

Only negative was just how quiet it was while we were there, we get that it is a quiet place (our favourite resort in Corfu has 3 tavernas & 1 bar) but there was just no tourists about, especially at night, the bars were empty so therefore lacked atmosphere. We had early nights most nights for this reason but then we were able to make the most of the days so it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. One week was definitely enough for us though.

I've posted a review on the Akti Olous and our stay in general and I'll be posting some more reviews on the restaurants as soon as I get a chance.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Thanks again!

Natalie x

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: We're back from gorgeous Elounda

i will second that,16th sept cant wait.

Manchester
Level Contributor
690 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: We're back from gorgeous Elounda

It was quiet in May too - British press is certainly not helping a bad situation.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: We're back from gorgeous Elounda

Yes it was quiet in May :-(.....fingers crossed that its better in September - as I know many hotels and businesses say that September is "usually" one of their best months, and very popular with the British tourists.....I will be doing my best to help out with the numbers :-) off again on the 26th September....cant wait :-)

14. Re: We're back from gorgeous Elounda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 06, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Elounda
Recent Conversations