We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elounda Beaches

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
76 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Elounda Beaches

Hello, We are visiting Elounda for the first time at the end of August. Can anyone tell me which are the best beaches within a 20 - 30 min walk. We prefer beaches without sun beds /brollys or beaches with a mixture of free space and organised sun bed areas.

We are staying at Elounda Residence so anywhere closer to there would be ideal.

Many thanks.

Level Contributor
5 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elounda Beaches

We enjoyed the beaches on the spit out to the island.

Barrow in Furness
Level Contributor
490 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elounda Beaches

Stainsbyblue,

Most of the beaches here have the mix you talk about, either the 'big' beach just beyond the harbour, or the small ones over by the Causeway. there is also a good beach on the way to Plaka called the Ipanima (please forgive any wrong spellings), but it always seems busy...this beach and the big one in Elounda have some watersports available - big beach more the 'banana boat' type of thing.

Average cost of umberella on the beach 2 Euros, sunbed 2.50

I live at Elounda Hill apartments, just down the hill from your location, and we have Eklektos Bookshop - any questions/queries when you get here, please just call in for a chat and I'll be glad to help...the tourist information is closed: I hear the Greek Government may be short of money lol :)

Regards,

Eklektos (Lynne & John)

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
76 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elounda Beaches

Thanks for your replies.

Also thanks for your invite Eklektos (Lynne & John), we'll pop in and make ourselves known .

Take care.

Hastings, England...
Level Contributor
69 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elounda Beaches

The best "informal" beach with nothing but sea and sand is Kolokitha beach. It's about 30 mins walk from Elounda residence and is located on the other side of the island that's connected by causeway with Elounda.

I wonder what happened to the "Elounda Residence" Pig. We stayed there in 2004 and a large pig had escaped from a nearby farm, it then made it's way up to the residence. It spent about half an hour chasing tourists around and even came into the internal courtyards.....It didn't like the stairs though. I hadn't laughed so much in ages.

I mentioned the pig to the receptionist, she smiled and said "Ah, that's Georgio (or some such name), he gets bored and comes up here to see what's going on"

.......a completely harmless but mischievous porcine who has long since become sandwiches and crackling no doubt.

Edited: 7:16 am, July 18, 2012
West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
76 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elounda Beaches

Thanks Gary.

We'll keep a look out for "Georgio" and let him know you were asking about him.

Thanks.

6. Re: Elounda Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, July 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Elounda