We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

child friendly bars/restaurants

Appleby-in-Westmorla...
Level Contributor
51 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
child friendly bars/restaurants

Hi we are travelling to Elounda in August for 2 weeks with our 4 year old twin girls. Can anyone recommend any bars or restaurants that are good for kids, EG child menus, childrens areas or entertainment?

Thanks in advance, cant wait to get there :)

Nikki

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: child friendly bars/restaurants

Hello Nikki

And welcome to the forum...please dont worry about "child" friendly places in Crete...all tavernas and bars will welcome children - my children are now grown up so I dont tend to look for childrens menus or entertainment anymore...however there is a lovely play ground on the beach on the main beach in Elounda and this is full of both tourists and greek children of an evening enjoying the playground in the cool of the evening.

I am sure that someone with small children will post some recommendations too...but please dont worry your children will be welcomed everywhere :-)

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
7 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: child friendly bars/restaurants

like mg said every where in elounda is child friendly, like all of greece.

Enjoy you and the little one,s will love it

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: child friendly bars/restaurants

As both posters have said you have no worries bout child friendly places in elounda, i think they all are.

it is lovely to see all the kids playing in the park near the beach as the sun sets, and the parents all stood talking whilst the kids are playing. i wish our country was like that. haven't been in august so can't comment on what the area is like then. i'm sure wherever you go it will be a brill time.

enjoy

Manchester
Level Contributor
690 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: child friendly bars/restaurants

There is a play area at the rear of Eden Bar and also a pool table and air hockey table.

At the other end of the village, at the start of the road down to the Casueway, there is, I'm sure a bar that has an outside play area. Isn't it opposite Mams?

The childrens menu situation is obviously dependent on what sort of food your girls eat, but I wouldn't worry too much. Ferryman's has a particularly good kids menu - the fish and chips is excellent.

DA

Appleby-in-Westmorla...
Level Contributor
51 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: child friendly bars/restaurants

Thanks all,

It sounds great, my kids actually are not picky and especially LOVE olives, looking at some of the food posts the mezes may be a good choice for us.

Nice to hear we will be welcomed and will check out the couple of places mentioned with play areas, for somewhere to chill out and have a drink whilst the kids can have a play.

7 weeks and counting with this miserable UK weather we are having !!

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
707 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: child friendly bars/restaurants

As others have already said, Greece is totally child friendly. Tavernas will happily prepare anything your kids like, Just ask ! It's not like the UK where the attitude is often 'if it's not on the menu you can't have it' . Your little girls will be spoilt rotten !!

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: child friendly bars/restaurants

Yes meze would be a good choice for kids....lots of bits and pieces and new tastes for them to try...have a great time :-)

Barrow in Furness
Level Contributor
490 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: child friendly bars/restaurants

As all previous posters have said, there will be no problems with your children here in elounda. At night, you can see all the local kids playing football and 'Tig' in the square, and there is no trouble or irate grown ups!

Somerset Steve is right, your girls WILL be spoilt rotten - the Cretans love family and children, so they will all do their best to make sure you and your family are happy.

9. Re: child friendly bars/restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, July 09, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Elounda