We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas and New Year

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
286 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas and New Year

So we come to Elounda every year in September and we are looking for somewhere to go for either Chrsitmas or New Year this year for a week.

What is Elounda like at that time of year? Is anything open?

Other than that is there anywhere else in the Med etc that anyone would recommend? Looking for somewhere dry, doesn't have to be hot hot so long as it's dry :-)

Thanks in advance.

Ann

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Christmas and New Year

Spain for Christmas Sun Sea short Flight Time Try Denia its beautiful

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,360 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Christmas and New Year

Dawn.... I think you should get a job for the Egyptian tourist board :-) no doesnt sound like my sort of place either :-)

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Christmas and New Year

jon. i have lookd at calpe n denia for xmas n the weather aint rite gud. think it was about 12 degrees last xmas n chuckin it down. so no gud 4 ann me thinks.

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
286 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Christmas and New Year

Lol you lot are talking away and I'm watching James Bond :-)

Don't really fancy Mauritius I have to admit. I think I'm a bit like you Dawn. Not really a beach type person although I do like to see one. I'm not a swimmer either.

I'm thinking Tenerife sounds about right if I can stay out if the main drag and have a couple of wee bars around me.

Looking at it tomorrow so will keep you all posted.

Staying at the OGA Dawn.

Cheers

X

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,360 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Christmas and New Year

Tenerife does sound like the best and cheapest choice, and only 4 hours flying too...not sure if you have ever stayed in Puerto De La Cruz on the north side of the island, very beautiful, very green...and dont believe what everyone says about it raining all the time, most who say that have never stayed there :-) PDLC was the first "resort" on the island and definately worth having a look at ...have fun researching :-)

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
286 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Christmas and New Year

Will do MG. Bit restricted with flights from Glasgow but there are some!

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Christmas and New Year

I really do not think anywhere the last two years in the Med as a whole has been brilliant....Elounda was terrible once again with longer than normal periods of rain and Winter once again dragged on and on....

Surprised at the weather in the Altea area Denia is usually sheltered on that corner and pretty well guaranteed Sun most of the year through.

Maybe the Sun folowed Me to Crete I do hope so and hope You find that ideal winter destination.....What about the Gambia ?

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Christmas and New Year

is tenerifee in the med?

if so the weather been the dogs bo***ks every time we been at xmas. if you do end up booking ann, we will av a chat in sept and rob is ace at remembering land marks etc and will be able to point you in the direction of the places we found, which by reading your posts i think you will enjoy. its not elounda by a long shout, but you can still av those quiet nites in places away from stupid brits, (unless rob and i are there lol)

19. Re: Christmas and New Year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:46 am, June 26, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Elounda