We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer advice!

London
Level Contributor
71 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
First timer advice!

This forum is excellent....lots of great tips and advice!

I was just wondering if there were any late bars in Elounda to stay out dancing or is it better going to Agios Nikolaos. We are looking for a relaxing holiday, both in our late 20's and early 30's, but keen to have a good night out! Is Elounda more family orientated?

Thanks

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer advice!

Yea some of the bars are open late. Miakado bar has live music some nights and is open as long as people around. Also Hiona Apartments usually does party, theme nights. Probably for disco,s etc you may have to go to AK. Think you will have a few good nights in Elounda though.

London
Level Contributor
71 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer advice!

Great thanks. Yes I think maybe a night in AK more for a disco night on the town! My boyfriend likes the hustle and bustle of a town!

Thanks again!

London
Level Contributor
71 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timer advice!

Great thanks. Yes I think maybe a night in AK more for a disco night on the town! My boyfriend likes the hustle and bustle of a town!

Thanks again!

Forgot to ask, is it far from Elounda to AK?

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,356 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First timer advice!

Hi there

Theres are three main tourist music bars in Agios, Sorrentos, Aquarius and Alexandros Roof Gardens.. If you do want to dance then the best bar would be Alexandros and the views from this bar are wonderful as it looks over the lake and the harbour :-) There are of course alot more bars around the town that tend to attract the local young greeks too....and if you like your rock music then try Yannis Rock bar too.

I wouldnt say that Elounda is any more or less family orientated than Agios, but you do tend to get more Greeks "out and about" in Agios than you do Elounda.

Travelling time will take you 10 mins to get to Agios from Elounda by car. :-)

London
Level Contributor
71 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First timer advice!

Brilliant, thanks for your help. I heard it was an hour and a half walk from Elounda to Agios. Am staying near Elouda Heights.

And would you have any recommendations for similar bars in Elounda? The forums have some great recommendations for restaurants! I can't wait to try them out!

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,356 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First timer advice!

Hi there

I wouldnt attempt to walk it....we did consider walking from Agios into Elounda one afternoon in January this year, but even at this time of year with less traffic and alot cooler we decided against it...because of the lack of pavements. Your best and cheapest way to get into Agios from Elounda is to catch the bus early evening and then get a taxi back, taxi's run from Agios all night.

I cant recommend bars in Elounda we tend to have a meal in Elounda and then go back to Agios later on the evening, but I am sure you will get some other recommendations :-)

7. Re: First timer advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Elounda