We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elounda prices 2012

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barnsley
Level Contributor
77 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Elounda prices 2012

Hi we are holidaying in Elounda at the Ilion in August this year. With the financial situation as it is at the moment I wonder if anyone can advise me on the prices of drinks, eating out, taxis etc this year. Have the prices increased dramatically ?

Also, has anyone any advise on where the ATMS are located and where the best places are for exchanging currency etc?

Thanks TA.

Elounda, Greece
Level Contributor
184 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elounda prices 2012

The easy answers first - there are 2 ATMs, one at the bank in the main square and one on a side road just as you come into the square, opposite a bar called Evangelia's. Money can be changed at the bank or at Olous Travel, a few doors away from the bank.

Prices - this is more difficult. At the moment, prices in the bars and restaurants seem to be similar to last year and don't seem to have risen, but there is no saying what will happen over the next few months. Many businesses are trying not to increase their prices as they realise how important visitors are to the area. Some food prices in the supermarkets have gone up - mainly imported items. Local produce such as bread, fruit, vegetables, wine, etc are still good value. It's still possible to get a large beer or half a litre of village wine for less than 3 euros in a bar or less than €1.50 in a shop.

I am reluctant to give prices for meals in restaurants or tavernas as this varies too much according to taste and style. You can pay €8 for souvlaki, chips, tsatsiki, salad, bread and a large beer (and complimentary cake and fruit!) or the sky's the limit for fish and fine wines!

Manchester
Level Contributor
683 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elounda prices 2012

Athena2009. If you do not mind me saying, and I'm gonna do it anyway, that was a great response. That, IMHO, is what TA is all about.

DA

Elounda, Greece
Level Contributor
184 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elounda prices 2012

Thank you! Occasionally, living here does have some advantages!!!!!!!!!!!

Barnsley
Level Contributor
77 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elounda prices 2012

Athena2009 thanks very much for your response - very informative !!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elounda prices 2012

Thank you so much for the up to date info. we are returning for third year and have never found prices excessive lets hope they can keep it the same, but we all have to understand there may be small increase in prices which is to be expected. Good luck to all buisness,s in Elounda old and new.

Elounda, Greece
Level Contributor
184 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Elounda prices 2012

You are all very welcome. It's good to know that people are still travelling to Greece, and especially to Elounda.

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Elounda prices 2012

we are travelling back in sept and ii know the ladt 4 yrs the prices in the pubs havent gonre up, well pubs i mean is evangelinas, eden and dimitris, i just love the place and to be honest i dunt care what it cost i will go back time and time again. i just love elounda, ag nic and neapoli

New York
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Elounda prices 2012

Hi everyone! For the life of me I can not decide between Elounda

Mare or Blue Palace for 4 nights at the end of June for my 2yr anniversary with my husband. No children yet! So, I know Elounda Mare is world class and traditional but I am worried I may find it outdated. I do love that it is a Relais Chateau property which I stayed in once before and the service was superb, although the hotel was a bit rustic in French Polynesia. The spa looks amazing. Then there is Blue Palace. I am sure lots of Americans go there because it is a Starwood property. I am American, but don't know if I want to meet people who I may know from home. But I like the fresh, new, contemporary feel. We plan on renting a car and going into various towns for dinner. Please help! Thanks so much!

9. Re: Elounda prices 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Elounda