We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water parks near Elounda

Stoke
Level Contributor
45 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Water parks near Elounda

Hi, me and my boyfriend are going to Elounda for 2 weeks in the middle of June, very excited! I was wondering if anyone knew of an accessible water park not too far from the resort? Neither of us are old enough to drive in the EU just yet so we would have to use either public transport or a taxi to get there. Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks! Beth

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water parks near Elounda

Hi there

Here are a couple of links to water parks in the Hersonissos area, and I also believe that there is another water park in star beach in Hersonissos too, but not sure on this :-)

Because of the price of fuel taxis are fairly expensive, the cheapest way would be to catch the bus into Agios Nikolaos and then from here the bus into Hersonissos.

It may be easier to book a trip with one of the travel agents in the village.

http://www.watercity.gr/index.php

http://www.acquaplus.gr/

2. Re: Water parks near Elounda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:09 pm, July 22, 2017
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,114 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water parks near Elounda

I've been to Watercity a couple of times over the years, best one I've been to, but I haven't been to any others in Crete. It's 2km above Kokkini Hani.

I have a feeling that starbeach is free entry but you have to pay for every slide - someone will confirm that (or not).

I think the best thing is to see what you can get from your local travel shops. The parks are all a fair distance from Elounda, so if transfers are included, that will make a big difference.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water parks near Elounda

Steve's right - it's free entry to Star Beach but then you pay for every ride. At Acquaplus, you pay an entry fee, currently €18 per adult, then all the rides are free for as long as you stay there. You are given an armband which is scanned if you buy drinks, food, ice creams, etc, then you settle up before you leave at the kiosk. Be aware that the queues to settle up can be long so if you book a taxi to collect you, allow plenty of time to pay your bill.

Stoke
Level Contributor
45 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water parks near Elounda

Thank you very much for your replies, I think my best bet will be to see if any resort shops do any trips to near by water parks, thank you for all your advice

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water parks near Elounda

Hi again

I know for sure that there are excursions available to Acquaplus as I have seen the A-boards outside the excursion offices, so I'd imagine you'd also find a tour to Star Beach and Water City as well.

Edited: 7:53 am, April 08, 2012
suffolk
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water parks near Elounda

Hi did you go to Elounda on holiday? Did you go to a waterpark nearby? If you did was it an excursion or did you have to get a bus etc?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water parks near Elounda

Hi there

It would be a bit convoluted getting a bus to any waterpark from Elounda. For a start, you'd have to take a bus to the bus station in Agios Nikolaos and then take a bus heading west that passes through Stalis and Hersonissos, and that's just for Star beach. Water City at Anopolis is quite a bit further east, so longer on the bus and Acquaplus, south of Hersonissos would also require a taxi once you'd alighted the bus.

A taxi to Acquaplus from Hersonissos is around €12-15 each way by itself.

suffolk
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Water parks near Elounda

So its best to try and go to an excusion office and get transport and entrance fee all in.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Water parks near Elounda

That's certainly what I would do from a base in Elounda, especially if you have kids, they don't want to be hanging around for buses in the heat of a Cretan summer.

Some excursions might include entry to the waterpark, some won't. For example, Acquaplus charges a flat rate to enter, and then all the rides are free. All you pay for are sunbeds, drinks, food and anything else you want. This is scanned into a computer via your unique armband which is attached as you go in, and you square up for that prior to leaving at the kiosk.

Star Beach is free to enter, but you pay for every ride so when you book, make sure you know what you're getting for your money.

Get answers to your questions about Elounda