We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elounda Hotels

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
133 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Elounda Hotels

OK I have spent the evening reading everything i can about the "Elounda" hotels on this forum and I am more confused than ever. There is the Elounda Mare, Elounda Penninsula, Elounda Bay Palace, Elounda Beach Hotel etc etc.

Our family of 4 would like to visit this summer. Can anyone tell me which of these hotels is the most upscale of the bunch? Also which one has the best beach. We would be interested in a sea front room with a private pool. Can anyone lead me in the right direction? Thanks so much!

bowdon cheshire uk
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Elounda Hotels

We stayed at the Elounda Gulf Villas and cannot reccommend higher, Fabulous villas and suites, best restaurant and staff

London
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Elounda Hotels

Yes but Elounda Gulf Villas if I remember correctly is not by the sea. I believe that the ideal for you is to book a beach villa at porto elounda(www.portoelounda.com) it is two bedroom on the beach and as I have seen it seems to offer good value for money. We stayed last year at the elounda peninsula and it was fabulous but it is more for couples. The beach of porto elounda which we used was very nice.

n.ireland
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elounda Hotels

I thought very highly of Elounda Bay Palace.For sure they would have accomodation to suit you.

Location is superb and they have a childrens club.Service is faultless,the beach with watersports right there in front of you and the private pools have counter current devices if you want to get fit.We had a luxury front sea junior suite and these can be interconnected for families.There are 4 of these together that share a pool but we never were bothered by other swimmers.

Elounda beach is more of the same but with a heftier price tag and believe me the Bay Palace is hefty enough for these types of rooms.

Hope this helps.

all over
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Elounda Hotels

There is a lot to choose from so it can get a bit confusing - I've been there myself trying to accommodate 7 of my friends – in the end we camped on the beach!! :) I haven't been to any of the hotels you mentioned as I usually stay with a friend who owns a place on the island so cannot comment really. My girlfriend stayed in a stunning place called Carob Tree Villas in Elounda. She booked it through Tapestry http://www.tapestryholidays.com The place looks out onto the sea, might be worth a look. From her photos it looked pretty smart. Good luck finding somewhere suitable!!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Elounda Hotels

I have never been but the Blue Palace Resort & Spa is highly recommmended (luxurious) and near Elounda. Have seen it some travel mags.

6. Re: Elounda Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Elounda