We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lal and Karin at the Hiona.

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LANCASHIRE
4 posts
Save Topic
Lal and Karin at the Hiona.

Hi, would anybody happen to have Lals email or phone number of the Hiona. We picked one of his cards up at the bar this summer but seem to have lost it. We stayed in room 5, the wife and i this summer, fantastic. Room 5 has 3 balconys , one on the side, very big and 2 at the front over looking the sea. 2 bedrooms and a living room with table and chairs. We would like to get this room again if we could booking through Thomas Cook, but would like to drop Lal a line.

Many thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
15,837 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lal and Karin at the Hiona.

Good luck with your responses.

If you do succeed in getting the email or phone number, perhaps you would consider booking direct with Lal so that he and his family get most of your euros, and not Thomas Cook.

LANCASHIRE
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lal and Karin at the Hiona.

I didnt know you can book with Lal, he only runs the bar, stavaros owns the building and he lets thonas cook have his rooms.

London, United...
Level Contributor
15,837 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lal and Karin at the Hiona.

Unless a hotel has a contract with a travel company for all its rooms, and has contracted not to take independent bookings, you can book independently.

I don't know who Lal is: I assumed from your post that he is the proprietor of the hotel. What I meant was that you should consider booking independently if you can - with whoever is in charge. That way the local owner gets more money than if you book with a travel company.

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
654 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lal and Karin at the Hiona.

Lal and Karen only have the contract for the bar and snacks. The apartments are managed completely separately and are exclusive to Thomas Cook (marketed via the Manos brand). Highly recommended !!

lancs england
Level Contributor
333 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lal and Karin at the Hiona.

Thought it was posted on here Lal and Karen had left the Hiona.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lal and Karin at the Hiona.

yes it was

LANCASHIRE
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lal and Karin at the Hiona.

Hi, John, the guy on the motor bike got in touch with me and said Lal and his wife had returned to England sadly, and Tina will be running the bar and food for next year.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
243 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lal and Karin at the Hiona.

Anyone know when Lal and Karin left the Hiona .......we stayed there two years ago and would like to book for next year we loved both Lal and Karin...any posts on what it's like there now and apart from room 5 what rooms would you reccommend.

Souldiva

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lal and Karin at the Hiona.

Lal and Karen no longer at Hiona. Costas who ownx the apartments has now bought bar. Manos his son and Tina and leanne all work there now . Fab people.We going back for 3rd year due to them.xx

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
243 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lal and Karin at the Hiona.

Hi Zeezee,

Lal and his wife were there 2 years ago so i presume you have visited twice since they left i did meet Tina but not the others........ we are looking at going again next Sept do you have an email for Tina ?

Thanks Souldiva

Get answers to your questions about Elounda