We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfers

northamptonshire
Level Contributor
72 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
transfers

can anyone tell me how much it would cost for a mini bus there are 7 poeple plus luggage

Manchester
Level Contributor
690 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transfers

Hi

Can't answer your question - you may need to try a hire car company for a price. Two issues as I see it.

1 could one of your party drive - if so (and subject to your luggage fitting) you could hire a seven seater and drive yourselves

2 if one will not drive - you could try and hire via a hire car company and ask for a driver - we were charged the same rate as a days hire (a few years ago) and effectively all that happened was the company provided a vehicle and a driver and took us to the hotel and then went off. But again subject to your luggage fitting.

If you cannot find one you are looking at two taxis at c 110 Euros each, but subject to you being able to get all the luggage in.

DA

northamptonshire
Level Contributor
72 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfers

thank you so much, it is the transfer that is putting us off, but with 7 of us, it is going to be a problem,maybe just have to watch the world go by for a fewhours,enjoy your holiday,jane

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfers

Hi there

If the transfer is included in your trip, and seeing as making your own way to Elounda is going to be so expensive, I'd be inclined to do as you suggest and just sit back on the coach. Unless there are loads of drop offs, you are highly unlikely to be on the coach for more than a couple of hours and the ride to Elounda is very pleasant.

All the transfer coaches have aircon so just sit back, enjoy the ride and look on it as your introduction to the island.

Mentioned in this post
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece
Manchester
Level Contributor
690 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: transfers

From the data I have gathered, (i.e. what I've been told and experienced) increasingly the coach transfer is 3 hours.

My advice - if a private transfer is not an option, geta few drinks for the trip in the airport and relax.

3 hours is a hell of a long time, but as you come round that last bend and see the bay set out on your right hand side and then go down through the village - you'll forget it all.

Ironically, the journey back to the airport is less.

DA

Uxbridge
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfers

hi,

i have just returned from elounda and we were thrilled to hear on getting on the bus that the transfer was 1.5 hours, after we read that the transfer was 3 hours plus. it was fine, went quickly, and after an early flight it was nice to have a sleep with the air con on full blast!

jen

northamptonshire
Level Contributor
72 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transfers

thank you so much hope you enjoyes your holiday xx jane

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: transfers

Hi

About 50 € per day

Contact to autorentals-crete they make a good deals.

8. Re: transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:34 am, January 10, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Elounda