We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sominico appartments Recommendation

somerset england
4 posts
Save Topic
Sominico appartments Recommendation

The Sominico apartments run by Manos company, owned by Zoe.

My 2 daughters 13 & 17, and myself spent two weeks in these apartments back in August. We went self catering and had a ground floor studio flat.

Not 1st class more basic bed sit with 2 single beds and a pull out sofa bed in the kitchen area. Consisted of just the living/sleeping area and a small bathroom, thats it. Was clean and Zoe came in every two days to re-clean. Self catering facilities were not up to scratch in fact were practically non existent- we had a 2 burner hob on the work top, a fridge,3 knifes forks and spoons, 3 plates bowls and 3 assorted cups!! There was no saucepans or cooking pand of any kind. We ate out every night for about 20E for the 3 of us,

Think if we'd asked Zoe for pans she would have providied them.

The other draw back being on ground floor was we had no air conditioning when we arrived the first night and were unable to leave the windows open for security reasons and the resident cats!!! So it did feel like we were in an oven. The air con you pay Zoe for she then provides a key and remote control thingy to work it.

It suited our needs but next year we've opted to go upstairs to an apartment with a balcony and seperate bedroom.

The pool in the complex is small, freezing and very deep, with a tiny kiddies pool next to it. Not brilliant- was clean though, and sun beds are provided around the edge, and on the roof terrace at the top of the building, which also boasts brilliant all round views its very hot up there.

The local Manos rep meets in the Garden of Eden pub whic is run by Manos and his sister, this becomes the local for people staying in these apartments. Even though Zoe actually runs the Evanglis further down the road.

Manos and his staff are very welcoming and freindly, we felt like family by the time we left. They provide a childrens area, a teenage area and an adult area even if you are like me a lone parent you will not be excluded. You can even keep up with the local footy matches on the Tv.

If you want cheap and cheerful Sominico is the place to go.

wales
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sominico appartments Recommendation

Hi Jools2, we went back to the Sominico on the 27th Sept (had already been there in May). I hear what you are saying about the apartments being basic. As for the cleaning we got there on the tuesday and the maid eventually turned up on the Sunday so i just took the towels off her cos i had already cleaned my room. Our bathroom bins weren't empied once! to be honest i like the place because of the location and the 2 bed apartments are big. I know what to expect by now and i do my own bins everyday, that huge bin outside is a godsend,ay?

We have already booked for next year, same place but for two weeks this time, the resort is lovely isn't it?

what did the girls think of the resort? was it to quiet for them?

somerset england
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sominico appartments Recommendation

MALIBUKITE

Apologies for not replying sooner.

My girls loved Elounda as much as l did in fact we cried as the coach wound its way up over the mountains back to the airport. Before we went over the top we had a final glorious view of the whole bay and spinalonga.

Have booked again for two weeks next august already, same apartments but an upstairs balcony one. Booked within a week of coming home!!!

When are you going?

Get answers to your questions about Elounda