We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domes of Elounda?

New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Domes of Elounda?

Hi

I am trying to decide where to stay in Elounda in May.

I am a solo traveler and I usually stay in 2 or 3 star hotels but I decided to stay in a nice Spa Resort by beautiful ocean for just one night .

Has anyone stayed in Domes of Elounda? It looks great on web but since it’s a new hotel I can’t find enough reviews to convince me .

Mentioned in this post
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece
Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection
Domes of Elounda...
1,607 Reviews
Crete, Greece
zodman
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Domes of Elounda?

Hi

Unfortunately, I can'at help because I'm in exactly the same position as you - my wife and I are thinking about going there too. It sounds lovely but there aren't many independent reviews. Let's share them if we find them.

Good luck!

New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Domes of Elounda?

Hi,

They are having good discounts for May so I decided to take a chance. Anyway the setting looks gorgeous and private.

Elounda
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Domes of Elounda?

The Domes is a new hotel, only opened last year so reviews are in short supply at present. If you do eventually stay there perhaps you could give everyone your views to help them decide for the future, from the outside it looks very nice.

The hotel is situated mid way between Elounda and Plaka which means a 35 minute walk either way to the tavernas and shops.

The weather is just starting to warm up and during May should be really nice.

I hope you all choose to come to Elounda, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Dave

Mentioned in this post
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece
Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Domes of Elounda?

Yes...please let us know how your experiences are. After a ton of research on Elounda area hotels I ended up booking here for early July. They seemed to have the most ammenities (private pools/jacuzzis) and more spacious rooms for the price compared to some of the other options.

Very curious to see more reviews.

Have a great trip. I know I can't wait for June to get here.

Mentioned in this post
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece
5. Re: Domes of Elounda?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:00 am, December 15, 2016
cornwall
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Domes of Elounda?

Hi Stefos,

Whats happened to the Elounda 77 forum.

dave

Mentioned in this post
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece
Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
702 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Domes of Elounda?

The Blue Palace ( a Starwood) resort in Plaka gets very high marks from my forum on Luxury Hotels. It is a bit out of my price range but I know the area and it is lovely.

8. Re: Domes of Elounda?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:00 am, December 15, 2016
Miami
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Domes of Elounda?

Does anyone have an opinion between the St. Nicolas Bay and Domes? My wife and I will be there in early July and are trying to decide between the two.

Thanks,

scotland
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Domes of Elounda?

We have just returned from the Domes of Elounda travelling with 4 children and staying last week in May,

All I can say is go and you will not be dissapointed it was simply fabulous and we have stayed at alot of the good hotels in Elounda. The staff here care with a capitol C. The food is out of this world - the best Greek food anywhere and the villas are to die for.

And not a rip off either, very reasonable _ a meal for 6 in the main restaurant with a bottle of good wine for 50 euro was 180 euros inc wine.

Beach is good and clean with plenty of towels and shade.

A lovely place to go.

Mentioned in this post
Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection
Domes of Elounda...
1,607 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece
Get answers to your questions about Elounda