We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which is the BEST out of these 3??

united kingdom
Level Contributor
188 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
which is the BEST out of these 3??

Hi ... Can anyone tell me which Hotel is the best out of The Elounda Beach Hotel, Aquila Elounda Village Hotel or The Elounda Village Hotel? Thank you

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which is the BEST out of these 3??

Hi caz

I think the best thing for you to do is to firstly, see if there are any reviews for these three on Trip Advisor. Go to the the Elounda forum (this one) and click on "Elounda Hotels" to the top left. You should get quite a list.

The try Googling their names for additional reviews and photos as well and you should find enough info for you to make an informed choice.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which is the BEST out of these 3??

The Aquila Elounda Village and The Elounda Village are the same hotel. Aquila is the greek hotel chain that owns them.

It really depends on what standard of room you are booking. Elounda Beach has a huge variety of suites and villas.

But Elounda Village has recently been renovated

united kingdom
Level Contributor
188 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which is the BEST out of these 3??

thank you for your reply. Have read some review and I think the Elounda Village might be too far out as it mentioned at least a 50 min walk and we would like to stroll into Elounda during the evenings as we have a 19 and 16 year old. So perhaps the Elounda Beach Hotel might be more suitable - would you agree? Or is there another 5star hotel that might suit us more?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which is the BEST out of these 3??

Soory to be so personal but you must have loads of money.. that place is so expensive and I have met people who have stayed there and spent most of their time down in the village....

To keep elounda alive - it needs tourist in the village sadly not miles outside....

whereever you say you will love the \\elouna experience \i am sure...

united kingdom
Level Contributor
188 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which is the BEST out of these 3??

abosolutely not is my answer to that!!!!!

We have been quoted a 'fair' deal but im more concerned about the hotel I choose isn't stuck out in the middle of knowhere and is within walking distance to some bars and shops for the teenagers. Do you know of any other hotels? If so, then I wwould love to have a look. Thank you.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which is the BEST out of these 3??

In my consideration both maybe far out and not eaily walkable.. well early morning and evening but not too easy very late at night....or in the heat

to compare the standards of these hotel to anything in the village isnt easy at all....there is the akti aolous- down on the causeway..then i wouldnt think of any other hotel.. only apartments... The olive grove is fabulous and close to the centre of the village without being too noisey.. family owned and run including their fabulous sons aged c25,22,19 ish..

Enjoy wherever you lay your head..

united kingdom
Level Contributor
188 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which is the BEST out of these 3??

thank you for your reply ... I might have to reconsider location if these two hotels are too far out. Maybe I should look at Aghios nikolaos.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which is the BEST out of these 3??

Ag Nic is a totally different kettle of fish...

for the older teens -they will love it...

to be honest my daughter is coming up to 18 - Iwouldnt want her there.. BUT definatley not as bad as malia....which- for me is the worse place on the island.

again the bigger/better hotels are out of the town centre.. but there will be more taxi's available... theres also a very nice municipal beach -

Wherever you end up please get to elounda... they re desperate for tourist, and it is a lovely village, and the approaching views are fantastic..

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
324 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which is the BEST out of these 3??

If you decide on Ag Nik I can recommend the Hermes hotel. Book a seaview room, There are wonderful views of the gulf and v.close to everything without all the noise.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which is the BEST out of these 3??

We went last year with a 16 year old and an 18 year old ,I was worried they would be bored, they loved it. We stayed at the Olive Grove, the appartments are in a great location and they are very sociable people. I felt that my boys were safe , they went to the only club in the town with all the locals and the other teenagers they met. We ate out every evening and none of us wanted to go home.

Get answers to your questions about Elounda