We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samaria Gorge

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Samaria Gorge

Hello all. We will be walking the gorge in September but hopefully staying over in Chania for a couple of nights. Can anyone recommend a hotel in Chania, something not too expensive?

Thanks v much in advance

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Samaria Gorge

Last year we decided to stay in Chania for an evening and booked a room in the El Greco. The room we had was quite small but adequate for one night, and as we just walked in off the street and it was mid July we were gald to find somewhere so central with availability. I have read in the TA reviews people have left that they do have much larger rooms with balconies (ours didn't have one just a large window).

The location of this hotel is fantastic. Just a street from the harbour in the old town and a 5 mins walk from the public parking area. It also has a roof terrace with great views over Chania. There are several places to eat around the hotel, however, it does serve breakfast at an additional cost. I think last year we paid about 55 euros a night for the room.

Leeds
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Samaria Gorge

That's great! Thank you very much for your help!

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Samaria Gorge

I've just looked at the reviews for this hotel and there are some nice photographs of the street it's situated on for you to get an idea of where it's located.

Leeds
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Samaria Gorge

Thank you - I'll take a look at that!

5. Re: Samaria Gorge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, October 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Elounda