We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From airport to resort

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire
Level Contributor
170 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
From airport to resort

We haven't been to crete before. Could anyone advise how long it takes to get from the airport to Elounda. Is the journey hairy or straight forward. Not very good if I have to travel through mountains!!

Bit of a coward!

Thanks

Bath, England
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From airport to resort

Hiya - if you're flying into Heraklion then to take a taxi to Elounda is probs only about 45 mins, not an horriffic journey either and about 60 euros. If you've got a coach transfer it can take up to 2 hours.

As i recall the journey is not too bad and i think the only dodgy bit is if you going on the transfer coach some of the hotels are up hills and the coach driver has to reverse - the drivers are complete lunatics though!!

You'll be fine!!

2. Re: From airport to resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 pm, September 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Elounda