We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Triopetra on Crete?

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warsaw
5 posts
Save Topic
How to get to Triopetra on Crete?

Hello travellers, Can anyone advise me how to get to Triopetra from Heraklion? I am going for a one week yoga retreat so hiring a car would be a waste. Is renting a taxi (apparently 80 euros one way) the only option or can I get there by public transport somehow? or a mix of bus and a taxi... I don't mind to change if this is not extreeemely painful...

I am arriving on a Saturday morning (August 11th) so practically have the whole day to get there as my workshop starts only on a Sunday.

Cheers! Ag.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Triopetra on Crete?

Hi there

it's relatively easy to get to Triopetra.

I assume you will be landing at Iraklion airport? If so, take a cab to Bus Station B which is situated on 62 Martyrs Street to the west of the city. From here you take the bus to Agia Galini. These leave Iraklion at 06.30, 07.30, 09.00, 10.30, 12.30, 14.00 and 16.30 on Mondays to Saturdays. On Sundays, the buses leave at 07.30, 09.00, 10.30, 12.30, 14.00 and 16.30.

The trip to Agia Galini takes 2 hours and costs around 7 euros. When you arrive in Agia Galini, you need to catch a bus to Rethymno, these leave at 06.30, 09.30, 12.00, 14.45 and 16.00. Be aware that this is ONLY for Mondays to Fridays. On Saturdays and Sundays the buses to Rethymno leave at 08.30, 12.00 and 16.00.

You will need to get off the bus at the town of Akoumia which is around 15 kms northwest from Agia Galini. From here you will need to find a way to get to Triopetra, so maybe there will be a local cab that could take you as I douby whether there will be a bus service. However, as most visitors to the Yoga place will be in a simialr position, it might pay to contact then to see if they have mens of transport to collect you from Akoumia.

Warsaw
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Triopetra on Crete?

Thanks a million GB! One more question: I am arriving at 11:50 at Heraklion airport so do you think I can make the bus at 12:30 from Bust Station B ? If I don't then I will have to take the bus at 14:00 and so may not be able to catch the bus to Rethymno at 16:00...

Thank you again!! Ag.

P.S. If you ever decide to come to Poland I hope I will be able to repay the favour with advise...:-)

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Triopetra on Crete?

Hi again

Just 40 minutes from landing to the bus station will be almost impossible, even if your plane lands on time. Bear in mind that you have to get off the plane, then claim your luggage, then grab the cab which will take around 15 mins. Best of luck but I really do think it is impossible! Better to settle for the later bus to Agia Galini I think rather than rush around worrying whether or not you will get to the bus on time.....

You could always stay Saturday night in Iraklion then catch the 09.00 to Agia Galini on Sunday morning - this will takes 2 hours to Agia Galini and drop you there in time to catch the 12.00 to Akoumia.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Triopetra on Crete?

Hi again

Just 40 minutes from landing to the bus station will be almost impossible, even if your plane lands on time. Bear in mind that you have to get off the plane, then claim your luggage, then grab the cab which will take around 15 mins. Best of luck but I really do think it is impossible! Better to settle for the later bus to Agia Galini I think rather than rush around worrying whether or not you will get to the bus on time.....

You could always stay Saturday night in Iraklion then catch the 09.00 to Agia Galini on Sunday morning - this will takes 2 hours to Agia Galini and drop you there in time to catch the 12.00 to Akoumia.

Warsaw
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Triopetra on Crete?

Hi GB,

Ok, I thought it would rather pushing it... Unfortunately, I have to get to Triopetra on Saturday as I have classes starting very early on Sunday... In that case I will just take the first bus at 2pm to Agia Galini and then a taxi, what do you think? How much would a taxi be from Agia Galini to Triopetra and do I have to order it earlier? :-)

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Triopetra on Crete?

Hi again

I reckon a cab from Agia Galini to Triopetra will cost around 25-30 euros and you should be able to just pick one up in the town without the need to book. Just make certain to agree the fare with the driver first.

Warsaw
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to Triopetra on Crete?

Cool!! Thanks so much again for your help and will tell you how I made it when I come back...:-)

All the best, Ag.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to Triopetra on Crete?

Hi Ag

Hope you have a great trip!!

Caversham, United...
Level Contributor
384 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get to Triopetra on Crete?

GB fD, you are a travel agent in disguise and I claim my 5 Euros. :) Seriously, top info and research. I had thought I would be the only person to know where Triopetra was but you beat me to it. :(

bham
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get to Triopetra on Crete?

Hi,

I have been reading your posts detailing your trip to Crete. Could you please let me have the details of the yoga retreat that you are visiting?

many thanks

Jacqui

Get answers to your questions about Elounda