We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy Cycling

London, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Easy Cycling

Hello All,

I wonder if you could kindly help me?

I will be going to Chania in September and I was wondering if there is anywhere around Chania where you can do some easy cycling that is not up mountains and is ideally nice and flat?

Thanks

Agii Apostoli...
Level Contributor
996 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy Cycling

Hi,

of course there are! You can try cycling aroun the lake of Ayia, near Hania, and try to see all the villages around (Fourne, Patelari, Drapano, Vrises, Stalos...) If you want you can go until Meskla or Therisso, it's ascending but if you have all day to spend the route is great!

You can also go to Souda bay and see the fishermans harbor.

Hope you will enjoy!

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,949 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy Cycling

You can also go out onto the Akrotiri peninsula, and visit the three monasteries: Agia Triada, Gouverneto, and Katholiko. It's mostly flat, but you'd probably need a mountain bike for the path between Gouverneto and Katholiko.

Edited: 5:29 pm, August 01, 2014
Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
697 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy Cycling

I have seen organised trips where lots of bikes and riders are taken on minibuses and trailers up into the mountains, from where it is all downhill back to base. I must admit that I have no idea who runs these, I have just seen the participants . I'm sure that some internet surfing will find the organisers, or someone reading this may know.

4. Re: Easy Cycling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 03, 2015