We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
London, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Topic
car hire

I just wondered if anyone had used firefly car hire at Chania airport and if they had any problems as I haven't heard of them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire

I have just booked via Holiday Autos and Firefly have came up as the car provider.

Did you manage to find out what they are like ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire

No sorry -I've ended up booking with Hertz.

j g
London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire

Picked the rather used firefly hire car from the hertz desk. Booked through holiday autos. Tried to charge extra for fuel even though I booked full to full. There is no breakdown cover included, its €25+vat a call out, more likely with an older used hire car. In Chania airport there are no signs for firefly, had to ask, was directed to the hertz desk and waited 45mins to get served. In the holiday autos paper work it say firefly are based in the parking area but there is nothing there, just think its a ploy to make you walk around before finding its the hertz desk and you are now last in the queue.

j g
London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire

As an addition to my previous post. Firefly appear to be a Hertz company, effectively using older vehicles. It looks as if breakdown cover is included when booked through Holiday Autos, the extra 6euro you pay at the desk covers you for 'roadside assistance' which is not breakdown cover but is for lost keys or if you run out of fuel. Probably best to take a separate insurance to cover the excess/theft.

https:/…

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: car hire

If I had my time over I would never have rented with Firefly Greece.

The problems with Firefly basically ruined the last week of our holiday. My wife still feels ill when we have to call them, from having to deal with their appalling customer relations team and lack of follow up or concern.

We had a small car accident - no one injured but the bumper was busted off and the car not driveable. Firefly were uncontactable. My wife speaks Greek so no language issues, but we got an endless run around. Told to call 5 different phone numbers to find the right department.

Worse, Firefly never offered us a replacement vehicle. After 5 days of calling and trying to find someone who would take responsibility we gave up and had to hire from another company.

Then they charged our credit card for 2300EU in fees and after three weeks they still have not sent us receipts for the charges. We have called and emailed them a dozen times - but all they say is that they can't tell what the specific charges are for and to email them (which we have done).

The standard of Firefly Greece customer service is generally appalling in our experience.

6. Re: car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 17, 2015