We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

edreams

Tunbridge wells
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
edreams

Do not use EDreams. Having googled Easyjet this site came up and looked OK. I wanted a flight out to Crete that I could get via Easyjet but they did not have a return flight on the date I needed. The edreams site offered the ideal combination of flights and a return flight I had been unable to get directly with Thomsonfly. The Easyjet outbound flight was booked immediately I received email confirmation from Easyjet in about 1 minute. The return was not confirmed and after chasing they said they did not get the return flights and I should make alternative arrangements. Call that a travel service ! They have charged £38 booking fee having only provided half the travel arrangements. I have now incurred a lot more expense organising my travel back to London and would not have booked the outward flight without being sure of a return flight - basic travel common sense I would have assumed for a travel company.

Their Helpdesk put you on hold immediately and charge £1.45 a minute to listen to music. The email responses do not acknowledge that they have created a problem and just say to make alternative arrangements for the return flight. I have also now noted in the small print that they require my passport details before I can unsubscribe from their emails although they do not have these to verify against. Plus they can share my email address with whoever they want. They are based in Spain by the way not the UK despite being a .co.uk website. SO BUYER BEWARE .

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: edreams

Hi there

I'm sorry you've encountered these issues but it's a bit off coming on here as a first post advising people not to use them just because you've had a negative experience. Edreams obviously have seats block-booked on some EJ flights and with some other carriers. Who knows, it could be that between you inputting your details and the "no flights available" showed up, the last seat could have been sold?

Tunbridge wells
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: edreams

I wish I had read all the previous negative views on Tripadvisor prior to using them so just want to warn others. My experience just confirms what others have said - otherwise I would have put it down to a one off bad experience.

I would have understood if they had come back and said they could not fulfill both flights and asked if I wanted a one way ticket - but to book the outbound and not the inbound committing me to the cost of the Easyjet flight and their booking fees seems off to me? As does having to pay to speak to them to understand what they had done with the return flight as I had heard nothing with 24 hours . It took 36 hours to tell me they had not booked the return flight after chasing via emails .

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: edreams

Just recently finished my battle with eDreams ( more like eNightmares....or just eHorriblecompany).

I was very sleepy one night and instead of using eDreams for what they are good for ( JUST a comparison of deals) I decided to book through them.

Surprise, surprise. I got a double charge...one from them, one from the airline.

I called in ( at a whopping rate of £1.20 a minute). In short initially I was told that if I forwarded a picture of my statement and my itinerary with proof of the mistake they would be liable to fix it.

Ok I thought, obviously big companies make mistakes.

Forwarded my statement...with my bank details blacked out.

Had to call back ( no one called back which they promised to do).

Guess what? They can't sort it...it's the airline's job.

Call easy jet...they can't see the mistake...I later find out that this is due to eDreams using one account to book it for them, and another account to book through the airline...not that this is suspicious or anything...most scam companies do it I'm sure.

Sarcasm aside, I get tossed about between two companies and do not stop calling both of them until they give in and pass me to either higher ups or the only decent people who work there.

Eventually in one day I manage to get it sorted and get my money back in 15 working days.

I also get a phone bill worth 1/5th of my total holiday cost. That is a fifth of two return flights from England to Holland.

That is a phone bill and a half.

The only thing that got me my refund was persistence.

I should have booked straight through the airline.

Summary:

DO NOT USE eDreams, they make their money through scamming people when they can get away with it. Only use them for comparison and then book directly through the airline.

Also, don't book tickets when you are tired. Make sure you are alert and with it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18,442 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: edreams

Have you learned your lesson? And will you avoid booking through a third party and book direct with Easyjet next time?

It's not on to hold others responsible for bad experiences that are the result of one's own bad decisions!

Edited: 4:45 pm, June 01, 2013
London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: edreams

Did I say I blame them for making me use them?

No.

Is it their fault for cocking up with the transaction?

ENTIRELY.

When a company is as established as eDreams and even advertises on television from time to time it is hard to think THIS is going to happen.

Also, note how i said not to make bookings when sleepy, so I'm pretty much owning up to the fact that using edreams was a bad decision..MY bad decision.

Lesson learned indeed.

Also, the point of my post was not to incite blame but more to add to the evidence so that when wiser people do more research into companies there will be more of this kind of thing.

I want a complaint forum to be the first thing they see when they look up eDreams.

Edited: 5:02 pm, June 01, 2013
Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: edreams

I have purchased some tickets online and it is a night mare trying to contact them. I called the 1300 30 719 because I live in Australia, but the answering machine was in Spanish, with no option for you to select English nor other languages, then after that message, it just automatically hung up on me. I tried to call +44 2086 38 4447, 00800 5588 5500 and +44 844 338 8300, still same thing happened. If there is no options for customers to select their own language, then they should not advertise Australian Local Number, etc and looks as if it is very professional. Also, machine should not just hung up automatically like that. What are those numbers for then. I have never came across this before. I am so lost now. Does anyone know a number that I can call them so I can hear the real person talking .... in English. Even in Spanish as well, it should give the customers an option. As customers, we ring to ask questions, we are not calling to listen to a machine.

7. Re: edreams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 31, 2014