We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Souda to Chania by public transportation

Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
550 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Souda to Chania by public transportation

Hello,

Im docking in Souda bay on July 17.

From what i saw on google earth the port is not in walking distance from Chania center. I understand that there are a shuttle from the port to the city, but where does it stops? And more importend where from to take a bus back to the port?

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,316 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Souda to Chania by public transportation

Hi there,

Yes, it is too far too walk but there are regular buses:

http://www.chaniabus.gr/

Agii Apostoli...
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Souda to Chania by public transportation

Bus departs almost next to the boat, last stop is in Chania, close to Agora (the market), to go back you take same bus from the last stop.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20,553 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Souda to Chania by public transportation

Or take a taxi: not that far, not that expensive, and quicker than the bus - makes sense if your time is limited,

Chaniá, Khania...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Souda to Chania by public transportation

I live in the area and have noticed that there are 'special' coaches that transfer ferry passengers from the boat to Chania town centre and back.. You may find information regarding cost, timing etc from the cruise boat company that you are travelling with.

5. Re: Souda to Chania by public transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 07, 2013