We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chania beaches

Queensland
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
chania beaches

Hi I am going on a cruise to chania in june and am wondering if the beaches have public facilities where I can get changed into swimmers instead of haveing to wear them under my clothes. The beachs in question ar agioi apostoloi and agia marina costa costa beach.

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chania beaches

most of the bigger beaches outside of Chania have change cabins on the beach, or use a toilet from 1 of the tavernas.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
697 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: chania beaches

Why do so many people on cruises arrive at the the historic and beautiful city of Hania and just want to lay on a beach? Surely there are facilities for sunbathing and swimming on board. O.K. shopping and harbourside tavernas with pushy waiters, are not to everyone's taste, but with everything from Minoan excavations to 2nd World War history on display in several museums, and much interesting architecture etc., surely there's better things to do.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,973 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: chania beaches

I have to agree with welove. The cruise ship stops at Chania for a good reason and beaches are not one of them. When you get to the old harbour and town area you have an opportunity to step back into time to imagine how people lived 500 years ago.

Here are some images of Chania.

travel.webshots.com/album/571195659jPcKjK

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,932 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: chania beaches

And so do I agree. There are beaches everywhere in the world, and no doubt you'll have seen a few on your cruise. And maybe there has been a pool on the ship. But there is only one Chania, and it is the most beautiful of the Cretan cities, and perhaps the most beautiful in the whole of Greece. It is certainly one of the most beautiful cities I have ever known, and I've spent a lot of time in it on many visits over 30 years.

But there are decent beaches along the coast, if that's what you really want. Take a towel with you so you can change discreetly, and you'll be fine.

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: chania beaches

The town beach Nea Chora has some changing cabins, as does Agia Apostoli.

Agii Apostoli...
Level Contributor
996 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: chania beaches

The beaches you ask have change facilities, although not the best. If you like beaches, go to Elafonisi, Gramvousa/Balos and perhaps Falassarna. Check also www.cretanbeaches.com

7. Re: chania beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:40 am, June 22, 2013