We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus time from Chania to Heraklion Crete

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Bus time from Chania to Heraklion Crete

Hi there,

Can any one tell me how long it takes on the bus from Chania to Heraklion in Crete. We are flying into Hania but I have just found out that we can't fly to Santorini from Chania. We have to go to Heraklion to ferry across to Santorini or fly out of Heraklion. I'm hoping we can leave for Santorini from a closer destination to Chania than Heraklion. I would like to avoid an overnight stay in Heraklion.

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Chania Town
Chania Town
Crete, Greece
Heraklion
Heraklion
Crete, Greece
Crete
Crete
Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus time from Chania to Heraklion Crete

Hi there

Ferries to Santorini all depart from Iraklion I'm afraid, which is a minimum 2.5 hour bus ride from Chania.

www.cretetravel.com/Bus_schedules

Click on Chania and Rethymno at the top of the home page and you'll find the relevant times.

Buses from Chania terminate at Bus Station A in Iraklion which is a short stroll from the ferry berths. If you decide to fly, take any bus with Hersonissos, Malia, Stalis or Agios Nikolaos on the front from bus station A as they all set down at the airport, from where it's a two minute walk to the terminal main entrance.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Chania Town
Chania Town
Crete, Greece
Rethymno Palace
Rethymno Palace
891 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Malia
Malia
Crete, Greece
Stalis
Stalis
Crete, Greece
Agios Nikolaos
Agios Nikolaos
Crete, Greece
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus time from Chania to Heraklion Crete

Hi GB. Thanks for the information. I find your postings very informative and very interesting. Loved your photos of Symi and can't wait to get there in October. Hope my photos are just as good! Keep it up and happy travels.

Mary from Downunder

Mentioned in this post
Symi
Symi
Dodecanese, Greece
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus time from Chania to Heraklion Crete

Hi Mary

You're welcome, have a great trip

4. Re: Bus time from Chania to Heraklion Crete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, October 29, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Chania Town