We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crete

Auckland, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Crete

I am planning to go to Crete in July, don't know anything about the island. Where would be the best place to stay? We are travelling with 2 school age kids. We would prefer to stay on the beach, not after a fency resort. Something amongst locals. Thanks.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crete

Since you posted in the Chania Forum, I can only surmise you are more interested in Western Crete -- if not, you should state where. Near Chania, here is a family place about 2 blocks off the beach, with a nice pool, gets good reviews on TA, run by local family with chldren. Self-catering. Right by the bus to go to Chania Old Town. http://www.lefka-apartments.gr/

Here's a TA link I bookmarked -- the asker had a very small child whilst yours are school age, but the responders suggested generally good places for families in general -- both near Chania, and near Heraklion (tho NOT in the boozy UK-"lager lout" areas):

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1699518-i15249-k3…

NOTE: there are 2 towns with beaches, just east of Chania, Almyrida and Khalives... I visited the first one, was not much impressed. Just sayin'.

Edited: 7:09 pm, March 30, 2011
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crete

i would suggest www.corinna.gr near chania

Nice apts and bungalows, sea at 10 mtrs, beach at 100mts, bus stop in front of the premesis, beach of kalamaki at 100mtrs, shop in front of the apts, great sea views, 2 pools, a decent price, great sea views and not to forget Katerina and Ourania as your hoists. Very nice people, a familu business, a TOP place to go with your kids. I have put some pictures at tripadvisor. check them out.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Crete

I stayed near chania, there is a water park worth going to if you have time, it's called luminopolis. We stayed in Malame Mare Apartments, right on the beach front and amongst local resteraunts, very well situated.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crete

Looks like the OP wll have been and come back home by now....

5. Re: Crete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, October 25, 2012