We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions from Chania

Which Chania Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions from Chania

My husband and I plan to stay in Chania, Greece between October 5 - 11. We're interested in organized excursion tours - such as the villages of crete - can anybody recommend good touring bus companies?

Thank you,

Debby,

Jerusalem,

Israel

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions from Chania

Hi Debby

Chania sits to the west of Crete so any trips available will be to the area around the town and the Prefecture. There are plenty of local excursion offices in Chania where you can book lots of trips so the best thing to do is to see what they have on offer and decide on the ones that appeal to you.

Had you considered renting a car? - it won't be much more expensive than a trip each day for you and your husband and would allow you total freedom and flexibility to go and see what you want to.

Athens
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions from Chania

I found out a website which belongs to a hotel, but you can find many information about trekking or hiking on Chania and the whole Crete, http://www.kaliviani.com i hope helps you.

Enjoy your vacations on Crete, is one of my favorites destinations.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,613 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions from Chania

Sorry I can't help with tour excursions via bus. But I know that four buses a day travel from Chania to Paleochora -- about a 2-hour trip. I did not get to take the trip because of heavy rains in Crete on my visit. But I researched it enough to remember.

Of course, rental cars are an option that open up a bounty of destinations. Short trips too. Beautiful beaches and villages are easy drives from Chania. East to the Akrotiri Peninsula or west to Gramvoussa and possible Falasarna

Agii Apostoli...
Level Contributor
649 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions from Chania

My advice is go to 1866 square in Chania, at the beginning of Halidon Street, just outside of old port. There are around 10 travel agencies from the square along the road, leading to the sea, in the old port. There you can ask a few travell agencies in a matter of minutes. Prices are different, but the service is prety much the same, as travell agencies often cooperate.

It is even cheaper and easier to go to Samaria gorge, Elafonisi or Balos/Gramvousa (which are popular destinations in Chania Prefecture) by a travel agency bus, than with a communal bus!

Dubai
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions from Chania

I would personally advise hiring a car as it is really easy to get around in Western Crete. Even the drive to the southern Coastline is easy over the mountains with stunning scenery. The coaches are really good also so check out their website for timetables

http://www.bus-service-crete-ktel.com/

6. Re: Excursions from Chania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, October 05, 2012