We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chania hotels and beaches

Sydney
9 posts
Save Topic
Chania hotels and beaches

Hi everyone

I am choosing between either Casa Leone or Amphora Hotel for 4 nights in July. I am travelling with a friend and we are two females in our late 30's. I have read good reviews on both hotels on here but it seems that Casa Leone might be a little more popular, albeit harder to get into due to only a handful of rooms. If both hotels are full are there any others that are similar in both location and style that we could try?

Re beaches is it realistic to travel to Falassarna and back in a day by bus? Not that confident in driving as I am from Australia and used to driving on the other side of the road. Which other beaches are worth a visit from Chania?

Thanks

Summer

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,529 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chania hotels and beaches

Hi - Falassarna is about 50km from Chania.

There's a post by GBFromDevizes re the buses here

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189413-i424-k33…

Sydney
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chania hotels and beaches

Thanks so much...I'll check it out!

Cheers,

Summer

New york
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chania hotels and beaches

In the back streets of the old town is Casa delfino hotel but try first id Casa Leone has available room . we were there for 2 nights and it was a Great stay

The harbour view from the Lobby is amazing.We are thinking to go back

Good luck!

Sydney
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Chania hotels and beaches

Thanks

Casa Leone is already full so am now trying Amphora and will also try Casa Delfino.

Cheers,

Summer

5. Re: Chania hotels and beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 27, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Chania Town