We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

www.cretecarhire-eurocar.co.uk/

Which Chania Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Skipton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
www.cretecarhire-eurocar.co.uk/

Has anybody ever used this company to hire a car? If so what were they like? Would you recommend?

Thanks

sligo
Level Contributor
638 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: www.cretecarhire-eurocar.co.uk/

Hi Gav,

I used them about 4 / 5 years ago and had a bad experience.

The car died twice on me, the second time as I was about to make the return journey to Heraklion airport from Agia Galini, had to get a taxi instead, one of the reasons for hiring was to avoid this.

Once I emailed where the key and car was I never got a reply from the emails. I would have been happy with an apology and perhaps a promise of a small discount if I hired again but nothing was forthcoming.

I have also seen good reports on another site about the same company so I could have just been unlucky.

I have used this company for the last two years and everything went very smoothly:

http://www.athenscars-crete.gr/car-hire/

A lot of it can be the luck of the draw.

Enjoy

Bobo

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
810 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: www.cretecarhire-eurocar.co.uk/

Hi gaybanks

Used this firm last June - 2 weeks rental to pick up at Chania airport. When we arrived there was no car for us.they said they would bring one the next day but we were going over the mountains to Paleohora. They didn't offer us an upgrade or anything. They gave us a minibus and said they would bring the Punto we had booked at 2p.m. the next day. At 7.30 the next day a guy rolled up with a Punto which was slightly battered and no new paperwork. We were really concerned about whether or not we were insured. The gear knob came off in my husband's hand. As we were travelling independantly we were a bit at a loss for advice. Anyway they didn't see our credit card or anything until the 2 weeks were up then still had the cheek to charge full price. We get discount next time apparently! FAT CHANCE!!!

Give them the miss.

Jean

3. Re: www.cretecarhire-eurocar.co.uk/

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:59 am, October 31, 2009
4. Re: www.cretecarhire-eurocar.co.uk/

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 31, 2009