We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe Parking in Chora Sfakion

New Zealand
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Safe Parking in Chora Sfakion

Hello, my family and I will be arriving in Chora Sfakion with a rental car that we will need to park safely before heading off to Loutro by Ferry. We'll be staying in Loutro a couple of nights before heading back to our car in Chora Sfakion and on the road again. I can't seem to find any info about secure parking - can anyone help?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe Parking in Chora Sfakion

Hi there

Believe me, you won't require secire parking in Hora Sfakion or anywhere on the island. Take the usual precautions of not leaving any valuables or documents in the car and you will return to find it as you left it.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe Parking in Chora Sfakion

There is a large parking lot at Chora Sfakion so there is lots of parking available. There is no fence around it. It will still be there when you get back.

england
Level Contributor
329 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe Parking in Chora Sfakion

You could leave keys in ignition, leave door unlocked and it would still be there on your return!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe Parking in Chora Sfakion

That's a relief to know - thank you all for your help.

While I've got your attention, just wondered if any one knew why I am not getting a reply from Hotel Porto Loutro. Over the last couple of months I have emailed them three times trying to secure a booking but have had no reply. We're also having trouble getting a fax through. Is anyone else having trouble - any suggestions?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe Parking in Chora Sfakion

Hi again Kate

if your mails and faxes aren't getting through, or aren't being responded to, I'd be inclined to ring the hotel and see what the situation is.

There are two hotels, here are their numbers.

Hotel Loutro I - +30 28250 91433

Hotel Loutro II - +30 28250 91455

The website gives their e-mail address as

portolou@gmail.com

england
Level Contributor
329 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe Parking in Chora Sfakion

Hi G.B. is there any thing you don't know about Crete? you are very knowlegable! Any idea what the weather will be like on 23 June-7th July?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe Parking in Chora Sfakion

Yes - thunder, torrential rain, frost, snow, hurricane force winds, hail, sleet and a tsumani over the weekend!!!....:0)

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safe Parking in Chora Sfakion

That should read "tsunami".....

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Safe Parking in Chora Sfakion

Seriously spottt!!

We have friends who live on Crete - they always tell us that "it never rains in June or July" and in all the years we've been going there, it never has. Expect HOT days, maybe 35c or hotter, warm evenings and clear blue skies.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Safe Parking in Chora Sfakion

Hi there - thanks for all your help. I should have thought to ring Hotel Porto Loutro but as they are getting up as I'm going to bed, it's not my preferred way of making arrangements. Anyway, have fianlly made contact by phone - the internet connection is apparently not good and often goes down, so future travelers take note. And thank you for the info on parking in Chora Sfakion, I guess we get a bit jaded and become over security conscious when traveling.