We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evgenia Studios

South Carolina
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Evgenia Studios

Anyone stayed here before? They seem to have a good location at a decent price. We are planning a trip at the end of March. Is it safe to assume that it is better to stay in the Old City, closer to open taverns and shops for that time of year? Thanks for any advice!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evgenia Studios

Hi there

I'm afraid I can't help with the accommodation but Chania is a good base to stay in March as the tourist season doesn't kick off till the start of May. Therefore, many of the resorts will effectively be "closed" till then although towns such as Chania are "year round" destinations and you should have no trouble at all finding decent bars, shops and restaurants open for business.

Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evgenia Studios

You are right, Grumpy, Old City is the place at that time of year (I assume you have job-dictated limits on when you can go, if you are going that early in the pre-season).

Tho I have not stayed at Eugenia studios, the area it's in IS the best place to be(have stayed there 3 x) ... on or just off the pedestrianized flagstoned street THeotokopolou that runs from the sea-front straight into the areas of shops. It is lined with small family-run Hotels & Pensions like this.. handily most have kitchenettes because otherwise, can't get coffee until 8 am! A few of the others to "google" right along that way, to compare rates are iason studios, Hotel Eva, Madonna Studios.

Best fish restaurant I've found is at the very FAR end of the harbor, Apostolis II .. it's in the guidebooks but is ALSO popular with local Greeks. Another taverna, nearer, on the lane called Zambeliou, is Enetikon; lots of French eat there, always a good sign, and hearty fare @about 11-12€.

3. Re: Evgenia Studios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 18, 2009
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor