We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sofia appartments Kalamaki

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sofia appartments Kalamaki

I am now loosing the will to live!! I may have already asked this but here goes. Has anyone any info about Sofia apartments in Kalamaki chania I am really ready to book a holiday but can't seem to make up my mind. Any info in flights if we need to book direct with hotel or does any tour operators go here?

Stalos, Greece
Level Contributor
71 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sofia appartments Kalamaki

Hallo

Its close to Panorama Hotel.It seems a nice hotel.

Stalos, Greece
Level Contributor
71 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sofia appartments Kalamaki

which period you interesting to go?you cannot find cheap flights?

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sofia appartments Kalamaki

we are looking to go around 10th June flying into Chania from Manchester/Birmingham/East Midlands

any info much appreciated

North West UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sofia appartments Kalamaki

Apologies for keeping you waiting.

Help is at hand. I have a reasonably good knowledge of Sofia's having been there almost every year for the last 10. Didn't go last year but I'm going back in June.

The owners, Voula & Andonis, are now independent of any tour companies but they used to be with Cosmos(?) and Argo. The available room numbers have become a little smaller in the last few years as the owners now live on site. They used to spend all summer there anyway.

Flights to Chania are available (Gatwick & Manchester at least- check for others)usually fliying on Tuesday's. The apartments are easily reached from Chania by a 25-30 euro taxi (estimate - it's been a while since we were there).

They have a newly upgraded web site at www.sofia-ilias.gr. It is probably more reliable to phone them (ask for Voula and mention Robin & Elaine) than e-mail.

I'll check back regularly to see if I can help more. I don't usually get here too often but I will check back 'til your happy

Robin

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sofia appartments Kalamaki

Many thanks I can get flights okay but very expensive to book direct at Sofia then flights but if you know any cheap flights then please let me know.

North West UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sofia appartments Kalamaki

Not much I can do about the flights! They can be expensive but going a week or so earlier or later can often affect the price. Easy Jet are flying to Heraklion but with airport to Chania transfer it wouldn't save that much. See what you can find on the web. We travel from Manchester using whoever is cheapest. Try Airflights.com

This year we were lucky and got our flights with Excel using Tesco vouchers but that offer has ended. I think you might find that the cost of the full package (flights, accomodation, transfers) will cost about the same as an equivalent package holiday but Crete isn't cheap by any means.

As well as Sofias there is Alexandros just up the road. I've never stayed there but they are very popular and a friend stayed there last year with good reports.

Robin

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sofia appartments Kalamaki

thanks again for info i will keep looking for flights etc as we really want to go as near to chania as possible

North West UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sofia appartments Kalamaki

I've just had a quick look and they are expensive this year. We've paid around £200 usually. My wife and I love Chania and the people. We went for 3 weeks last time so that made the flight cost go a bit further!

Good luck with the hunt...

Stalos, Greece
Level Contributor
71 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sofia appartments Kalamaki

Holidayaddict2 you tried to find maybe package holidays

through XL.com or medlifeholidays.com ? maybe you can find a package close to Chania.Another good hotel is Nontas which is closer to Chania

Stalos, Greece
Level Contributor
71 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sofia appartments Kalamaki

I searched with www.travelrepublic.co.uk and i found

package holidays which may you interest in.

Get answers to your questions about Chania Town