We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agia Marina

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Agia Marina

I'm still trying to find a holiday any info please on Agia Marina ie is it very touristy? is it easy to get into Chania in the evening by taxi or bus.

thank you

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agia Marina

hi.

the area has some of the very best beaches in chania.

the beaches are never too crowded.there are some beach bars there.

we rented a car but i believe that transportation by bus or taxi shouldn'nt be a problem.there are some nice bars for the evenings in agia marina too.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,589 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agia Marina

Yes it is very touristy. Platanias is just part of a ribbon of tourist development going for around 8 miles west of Chania. The beaches are quite good in the area though exposed to the meltemi. There are small villages just inland that give their name to the tourist strip.

You could get a bus into Chania in the early evening but you would need a taxi back.

http://www.chaniabus.gr/eng/index.html

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php…

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Agia Marina

Thanks for info I want to go close to chania (self catering) but not touristy any ideas would be great.

also it's working out expensive to book studio & flights seperate any info for package deals or cheap flights + studios.

Look forward to hearing from anyone

Cheers

Lympne, Kent
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agia Marina

Hi, Try looking at a place called Maleme very quiet but close enough to get the bus or hire a car to Chania etc. Also look at www.kosmar.co.uk always have good prices, If you just want to fly in XL.com out of season can come in very cheap, Hope that helps.

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Agia Marina

Thank you. I will take a look. I think Maleme is a bit far as we went to Platanias a few years ago and too far to drive at night if we want a drink and taxi too expensive.Cheers anyway.

cleveland uk
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Agia Marina

why not try kato stalos which is just before agia marina. lovely resort and freelance travel have some nice properties there. it cost about 10 euros in a taxi to chania or their is a frequent bus service.

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Agia Marina

I will take a look at Freelance thank you for info

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
324 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Agia Marina

Hi

I stayed at a place called Kato Doratso (probably spelt wrong)its 15 minutes by taxi to Chania one way and around the same to Platanias and Agia Marina the other way.

The area is very nice and has a nice beach of its own.

I stayed at the Sirios hotel, booked through Travel Republic and found both the hotel and the area to be ideal.

All the best

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Agia Marina

Thank you I will take a look

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Agia Marina

We have stayed at the Lefka apartments, Germaniko Polis, four times now, and found it a wonderful place. Andreas, Evita and their family are second to none as hosts. They are the most friendliest people and would probably double up as Chania's tourist information centre, given half the chance. Bus stop to Chania is outside the apartments,80c, and is reccommended for an evening out in Chania and get a taxi back, 5 euros. During the day their is a pleasant walk along the beach (5 mins down a quite lane opposite the apartments) which takes in total 35 mins.

Get answers to your questions about Chania Town