We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing Money in Chania

Wales
Level Contributor
91 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Changing Money in Chania

Hi,

Travelling to Chania next week, just about to change sterlings to euros but the exchange rate is not good (1.39), wondering whether I will get a better rate out in Crete for cash?

Thanks for your help

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing Money in Chania

When I went I found the best rate offered in ATMs. Machines are plentiful there, and no worries about carrying cash. Keep receipts so you'll have a nice record of expenses.

Wales
Level Contributor
91 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing Money in Chania

Thanks for your prompt reply, unfortunately my UK bank charges me for transactions abroad, that's why I was considering taking cash and changing in Chania.

Certainly an option to consider though.

Cheers!

3. Re: Changing Money in Chania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 pm, September 10, 2009